Time based padlock?

Has anyone any idea if a product exists that can lock a bag or cupboard or zip and open at a set time?
Ta peeps
Steve
On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:26:57 -0700, Mr Sandman wrote:

No idea, but going back, when bank safes were quite the thing, most banks had *big* signs stating that they could not be opened out of working hours.

Commercial time based systems are going to be seriously complicated, having to deal with all of the problems of the power being disconnected (with both protection against false positives and false negatives).
A simple stand alone system is never going to be capable of that (and it could be that without it the product becomes useless and therefore doesn't exist)
On Tue, 22 May 2018 10:06:00 +0100, tim... wrote:

I have no idea if the systems actually worked :)
But signs are cheap ...
Some American company used to sell, for what reason i could not say, a time release set of handcuffs. I will say nothing more. Brian
--
----- -
Brian Gaff wrote:

Siri ... unlock the pink furry smart-handcuffs
What's the safeword?
Rosebud
Sorry, I didn't hear that, what's the safeword ..
repeat etc

I’ve noticed before in postings of yours over the years that you seem to have knowledge of such matters. Is that why you are now blind?
GH

Not if you use a simple electronic timer and a bipolar electronic lock.

Wrong.

Wrong again. It exists for house door locks.

but that's still installed in a single location plumbed into mains electricity
not on a movable bag (as the OP asked for)
tim

The better ones work fine with a mains failure.

He didn’t ask for a removable bag.
On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:02:04 +0100, tim... wrote:

The one I built uses a single 3V button cell with a real-time clock made specifically for the Pi. In that respect it's totally independent and isolated from the outside world. It only uses a mains to release the electromagnetic bolts so the door can be opened..

And you don’t even need that. Any decent Li ion cell will latch and unlatch a bistable latch fine and its trivial to provide a warning that its getting low on voltage so you get plenty of warning that you need to recharge it.

so the power goes off and the clock stops
does the door remain locked forever or does it automatically open? How do you override that (if there is no power?)
The power is restored but the clock is now out of sync with real time.
how do you get the door open during real time opening hours not clock time opening hours?
Yes, of course the clock has a battery back up, but they aren't infallible either.
What do you have, a battery back up to the battery back up?
Soluble problems if trying to protect 200 million pounds in a bank vault
not quite so much for the contents of a 50 dollar briefcase.
tim

Plenty of electronic timers that keep track of time with the power off.

Nope, just until the power comes back.

Nope. No power to do that.

You don’t know that he needs to. And plenty will run on their own battery in that situation anyway.

Not with the better timers that run on their own battery with no power.

Use a timer that keeps track of time with the power off.

He didn’t say he needs something infallible.

And when its just a simple lock too.

Trivially easy to do now. Alarm systems manage it fine.
Even you should be able to buy one.
There are lots of image results on google for timer release padlock. Cannot see them, I do wish somebody would tell the vendors that words are worth a million pictures to the blind! Brian
--
----- -

Is this thread supposed to be a wind-up ?
Google "timer padlock" and hey presto first link
(Amazon.com product link shortened)26987347&sr=8-1&keywords=timer+padlock
michael adams

On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 12:11:50 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

rd

nks

ving to deal

tection against

t could be that

Why just because wodeny is invilved ;-)
Not what the OP is looking for but I did find this bluetooth padlock for £60 ! which I might have a use for.
https://www.safe.co.uk/products/master-lock-connected-bluetooth-padlock-440 0-indoor.html?ACODE=googlebase&gclidIaIQobChMI8bef4pmZ2wIVrZPtCh2gTg AzEAQYASABEgIog_D_BwE

CZHWG5L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid26987347&sr=8-1&keywords=timer+p adlock

On 22/05/2018 12:27, whisky-dave wrote:

Ah, Bluetooth. When it is good, it is very very good. When it is bad it is horrid.
Bought a Samsung soundbar on Sunday for the Samsung TV bought last year (which refused to play with the old Panasonic soundbar).
No wires between woofer and soundbar, they pair up automatically. Great improvement on the Pany which had wires everywhere. Switch on TV. Set soundbar to Bluetooth, it says "Pairing". Switch TV to bluetooth audio, it just sits there offering a big "Close" button.
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 14:06:21 UTC+1, newshound wrote:

I brought the cheapest of the LG range from Argos and it's worked fine for over a year I can even use it with my ipad and iphone.
they pair up automatically. Great

The only annoying thing is that it turn on whenever I switch the TV on. So it mostly remains uplugged from the mains until wanted.

I've got an activity band that pairs nicely with an iPhone
but just sits there waiting when I try to pair with my Android tab
tim