Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

On some machines it is: alt + 0162 (have to use the num pad). Some will accept either 155 or 0162, some just one or the other.

Reply to
DB

Yeah I have, and they are still better than kwikset.

Reply to
DB

I do some of those things. What's my money doing in their pockets in the first place?

Reply to
real1

You are a cheapskate and buying locks at

When she could have bought the same junk from you after you bought it from Home Depot and marked it up.

Since it wasn't costing you anything

Why the hell do you think usenet is here?

That leaves you out.

would

You idiot that was the net advice of your very first post on this subject.

Reply to
Steve

Stormy tries to learn as little as possible, and he is very successful at it.

Home Depot trainees make more than Stormy does and it pisses him off. Home Depot is a successful company with stores all over America, Stormy is an unsuccessful wannabe locksmith and HVAC tech with a store out of his house. That pisses him off as well.

You should have hired stormy to do it. After he broke the kwikset, your door, the frame and probably some other assorted stuff around your house nobody could call you a cheapskate anymore with what you'd be paying to fix it.

For locks a locksmith is your best bet, unless you want the cheap F line stuff like kwikset etc. In general they won't match the box stores price on it.

A door lock seems like a common enough

None of the low grade locks you find at the local hardware store are all that secure.

No. Just the knob locks.

Yes in most places.

If there is a grade 1 anything sold under the Titan name it's news to me. Titan is a glorified kwikset.

For normal residential use in a glass foor it doesn't matter that much. Get an alarm and/or use security laminate on the glass so it takes them some time to smash it.

Reply to
Steve

It's Chris's competition. They sell locks and AC units and don't know anything to speak of about either, just like him.

Reply to
Steve

No it doesn't.

Reply to
DB

Reply to
wren

HD will flip it for you if you ask them. But you need to get one of the more experienced workers.

Reply to
wren