Need a hand knob

I need a hand knob that will turn a 8mm hex bolt.

Anyone know where I can buy such a thing?

Cheers.

Reply to
R D S

Which is 8mm - the thread diameter of the bolt or the size of its hex head across the flats?

Reply to
Roger Mills

The size of the hex head.

Reply to
R D S

If you don't mind swapping the bolt, for one attached to a knob, Axminster have some:

John Rumm

I thought about that, It's for the depth lock on a router and is a reverse thread so I thought I might struggle.

Reply to
R D S

How about a nut driver, either the full "screwdriver" type, or the ones with a hex drive for which you can get "screwdriver handles". You could also "cast" one of those into car body filler, araldite, etc.

Reply to
newshound

I'd guess you will. Drill out a wing nut so it fits over the thread and solder it to the nut head? If the existing bolt is long enough?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Burhani might have one, but you might find that too far to travel.

More seriously, get a knob of a size suitable for your hand to use, and, af ter perhaps adjusting its initial hole and degreasing all relevant surfaces , fix the knob to the bolt with an Araldite-type adhesive. Or, if the mate rials are suitable, solder them together.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius