Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

agree, they shue could. they use to include a tool in the box. but that was many years ago...
--
"Key"
========

Before my time. I always thought they should put one in there. Cost to them would be less than 50 cents (I can never remember the ASCII code for that damn cent sign when I want it).

= push #Alt and #155 at the same time...
g'day
--
"Key"
========

Thanks
I've been wanting to know how to print the cent sign for some time. Thanks VERY much for the info!! I can do it now and it even works with Word Perfect!
And I didn't know how to input ascii characters before, either.
Ralph

On some machines it is: alt + 0162 (have to use the num pad). Some will accept either 155 or 0162, some just one or the other.
I've never net searched this question. I use a cylinder removal tool which I got from my wholesale parts house. You have to remove the center shaft, and snap the cylinder out. Snap it back in (right side up) and replace the center shaft.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
| | | The problem is there is NOTHING on the package that indicates the two keyed | knobs are set up for left-handed doors (those with the hinge on the left). | My outside doors are right-hand doors (they have the hinge on the right).
this theory holds true if the doors are "out-swing" doors "in-swing" doors are hinged the opposite.
example: in-swing door with hinge on right is a "left hinged" door.
It is really disruptive to give out bad and inaccurate advice. A door that swings away from you as you approach it with the hinges on the right hand side, is a right hand door. The same door pulling toward you is a right hand reverse.
If you don't know, here is a picture you can download and keep in your pocket: https://www.wolfebrass.com/handdoor.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DanG A live Singing Valentine quartet, a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU! snipped-for-privacy@okchorale.org (local) http://www.singingvalentines.com/ (national)

That is the most ignorant way I've ever seen to designate hand. Now tell me just what is the difference between a right hand reverse and a left hand?
--
Steve Barker

"DanG" < snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net> wrote in message
The handing designations of doors was old and established when I started out as a cub (I am due to retire). I do not know the origination.
In most residential settings it makes little or no difference. I tell my fellas, to reduce confusion, to put their back to the hinges and see which arm would be the door.
Right and left hand reverse makes huge differences in mortise locks, panic bars, and closers; though most of these have become more user friendly through the years. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DanG A live Singing Valentine quartet, a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU! snipped-for-privacy@okchorale.org (local) http://www.singingvalentines.com/ (national)

| It is really disruptive to give out bad and inaccurate advice.
I agree stop doing that.
A | door that swings away from you as you approach it with the hinges | on the right hand side, is a right hand door. The same door | pulling toward you is a right hand reverse.
what the hell are you talking about "right hand reverse" you mean left
no.....................your other left.
example: in-swing door with hinge on right is a "left hinged" door.
when entering (pushing a door open) whichever side the hinge is on IS THE HINGED SIDE.
unless it is a cabinet door then it is based on the pull of the door.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not sure, but...
...why Kwikset? Schlage is nearly the same price, and MUCH better quality - you can feel the difference just by turning the knob, heavier metal, parts less "sloppy" - even if you aren't in any way mechanically inclined.
I'm not really of a criminal bent, but I have my suspicions that I could easily break/bypass your Kwikset lockset with only a good pair of boots - I suspect one swift kick would knock the outer knob right off the door.
Of course, if you don't have a deadbolt, there's no point worrying about it... any kid with a library card can get in your door.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
| | Of course, if you don't have a deadbolt, there's no point worrying about | it... any kid with a library card can get in your door.
not true kwikset locks have an anti-theft pin so that can't happen. do I hear another bet?
| | nate | |
locks are to keep the honest people honest. criminals would just break a window, lock or no lock.
kitchens etc. wrote:

You're on because I know I will win, because I actually had to break into my last house once because my landlady inadvertantly locked the front screen door on me and I didn't have a key to the back door. It is a kwikset and I got into the house using only my library card. I've done this before on other similar locks using a flexible plastic sheet intended for protecting the little "in case of fire" placards you see mounted over fire alarm pull stations. (it is so thoughtful of building engineers to put just the tool you need to break into a space right near the exit doors LOL)
> locks are to keep the honest people honest.
AGREED!
> criminals would just break a window, lock or no lock.
You've got a better chance of a neighbor hearing someone break a window than you do having them hear someone "card" a lockset. And I can do it with pretty much any lockset, not just kwikset. If you don't have a deadbolt, you essentially have no security at all.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
| | > not true | > kwikset locks have an anti-theft pin so that can't happen. | > do I hear another bet? | | You're on because I know I will win, because I actually had to break | into my last house once because my landlady inadvertantly locked the | front screen door on me and I didn't have a key to the back door. It is | a kwikset and I got into the house using only my library card. I've | done this before on other similar locks using a flexible plastic sheet | intended for protecting the little "in case of fire" placards you see | mounted over fire alarm pull stations. (it is so thoughtful of building | engineers to put just the tool you need to break into a space right near | the exit doors LOL) | | > locks are to keep the honest people honest. | | AGREED! | | > criminals would just break a window, lock or no lock. | | You've got a better chance of a neighbor hearing someone break a window | than you do having them hear someone "card" a lockset. And I can do it | with pretty much any lockset, not just kwikset. If you don't have a | deadbolt, you essentially have no security at all. | | nate
you (or someone) must have installed your lock wrong. when an anti theft pin is installed correctly. the latch will not budge even with a c.c. because the pin is depressed half way to prevent this from happening.
pay up little man put that shit in my hand
I used to like Schlage, when they had the two piece exterior knobs. The new ones with the one piece knob are garbage. I bought a couple of them to install for a customer, and had to take em back.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

That fact that you couldn't figure them out isn't surprising and doesn't mean they were garbage.

Schlage is a waaaaayyyyyy better lock than Kwikset.
I guess you havn't used the new ones. The new ones with the one piece external handle are just total undiluted garbage.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.