fire alarm control panel.... Did Mircom get hacked?

I know this is on the edge of OT, but I thought this group might be interested in this.
I live in an apartment, and like many apartments in Minneapolis, they have Mircom security/monitoring systems; fire, building access, ...
A couple days ago the fire control panel sounded off and trouble lights lit off. The management was informed, but a day later the panel was still squawking.
A visit to the super's office revealed that Mircom boxes all over Mpls were down. Mircom didn't know what the problem was and was still investigating. It's 2-3 days later and the box is still down.
They suspect a hack.
Not reassuring.
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 11:35:13 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here's the Mircom description of the unit the went bananas: RAM-300LCDR(R/W) Remote LCD Annunciator