Alarm panel

Does anyone know of an alarm panel that when it is being set it can control a relay. I want this relay to control power for a CCTV camera so that the camera is only active when the property is vacant. The camera with its own inbuilt PIR would activate the alarm if an intruder entered.

Reply to
Yvonne

A Honeywell GalaxyFlex, with either a trigger module insode the enclosure or a RIO connected anywhere external ... presumably it's a common enough requirement that other (cheaper) panels will support it too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, I will check it out. Y

Reply to
Yvonne

Isn't it a bit risky? Intruders often target the alarm system. And it's just something else to go wrong.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Are you suggesting that alarm systems arn't worthwhile?

Perhaps I should have explained better initially.

I want the CCTV system to be set to active automatically whenever the alarm system is set when the property is left unoccupied. Conversly, the CCTV sy stem is not active when the residents in the property are at home ie they d ont want CCTV alerts to be triggered whilst they are at home. By having the CCTV system active it would be able to record (and send video plus alerts) over the Internet immediately should someone break in.

Reply to
Yvonne

has a terminal that changes state when the alarm is set, so could easily be set up to do what you want. Although I think I would use motion detectors to activate the alarm and not rely totally on the cameras.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Not cheap, but Cytech Comfort has sets of outputs which you can program to do whatever you want. You will need to be able to program the system though - it's not really intended for end-users unless you're in to doing your own home automation.

Simply powering a CCTV system on/off might not be good enough - do check if it will power-on in whatever mode you need to to be. Some DVR's can be controlled by signal inputs for this sort of purpose.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel