Power to Scantronic 9448 alarm control panel

The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide is no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.

I would use a 5A fuse in a non switched FCU with 0.75mm 3 Core flex from the FCU to the panel, preferably to a dedicated, non-RCD circuit in the consumer unit.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Chapter & verse! Thanks: appreciated.

I always use 1.0mm T&E to an unswitched fused spur. You can use fle but I find it difficult to terminate in the spur. You will only requir a 1 amp fuse in the spur as even in alarm the system will draw no mor than 600 milliamps. Take the supply from a ring main if you can, if no a lighting circuit will suffice although I don't recommend and never d it myself. Anymore info required let me know. I've been fitting thes panels for years

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec

The max current an alarm takes is tiny - after all it will run for a long time off a small SLA battery when the mains fails. So 0.5mm flex and a 3 amp fuse will be fine. If you have larger flex lying around and it fits the connections etc use that - it won't do any harm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is a UK forum for alarms where you can ask alarm engineers questions

It also has manuals and fact sheets

Alec wrote:

Reply to
alarm man

Is this of any use:

I agree that Scantronic are spectacularly unhelpful. Did they tell you to contact your 'competant installer'?

I asked them about what type of PIR to fit to my 9449 panel without success. Pyronix (the PIR supplier) were much more helpful.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Only available to trade members so of little use on a DIY group.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

needed, though.

I got a slightly altered standard script both times I emailed them. Less than impressed (but the panel is ok).

Sorry F

That site holds the installation manual for my 9449 panel - with _almost_ every bit of info you need to install and maintain it and I assumed that it would be the same for your panel.

Richard

Reply to
Richard