Faucet Connection Leaks

I have a leak that's formed where one of the water lines connects to the kitchen faucet. (Please see photo at http://www.sunriveronline.org/leak ). What's needed in order to fix it? A new washer? Replacement parts? Are parts available at any Home Depot or such store, or do I need to contact the faucet manufacturer?
Thanks.
-Fleemo
My BIL is a master plumber. When he installed my new faucet with those same flex hoses he always coverd all the threads with pipe dope (not teflon tape) and then puts everything together. I've never had a leak. Easy to try and reversible if it doesn't work out.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

water.
Thank you for the input here. I've taken off the hoses and am headed out to Lowe's to try and find some replacements. The brass fittings these were taken off of have some green algae or corrosion on them. What's the best way to clean these fittings up? Steel wool? Rough sponge?
Also, should Teflon tape be used when reconnecting the hoses? Is Teflon safe for potable water?
Thanks much.
-Fleemo
Abe wrote:

Simply not true. Plumber use pipe dope because it works and it is cheaper and faster to use than Teflon tape.

Try tightening it more. First make sure the leak is not dripping down from above. You might just install a new supply line. Shut off angle stop remove supply line, use a back up wrench do not let the tube spin from the fixture. Take it with you most likely 1/2" iron pipe by 3/8" compression.
***** A PLUMBER *****
On 15 Apr 2006 11:30:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I have a similar problem. First, see if you can tighten the connection (the picture isn't clear on this, but it looks like a screw-on fitting). If you can't hold the pipe to screw the connector on, you have the same problem I have. I've decided the faucet is at fault, not giving a decent mechanical connector to attach to. I'm buying a new faucet with good 1/2 inch connectors that are fixed in place, and if I get a sprayer it must have a connection that is similarly fixed in place. Don't just look at the top of the faucet when you are buying it. The bottom (connection configuration) is of equal or better importance. (This time I'm going shopping for it without my wife.)
Thanks for the help I received in this forum. I successfully tackled the problem and all is good with the world again. I say this every time I climb under the sink, but I fully appreciate plumbers who squeeze themselves in tight dark spots every day for a living.
Best regards.
-Fleemo