Driveway divot repairs

Due to a blunder on the part of a few people, including myself, a heavy truck carrying 5 cubic yards of topsoil drove on top of several fairly large stones on my driveway.
The net result are several potholes or divots of around four by four inches (length by width) and about one inch deep.
Is there any way I can repair these holes myself without buying an arsenal of equipment?
TIA Eric
What's the driveway made of? Tom Work at your leisure!

Oops! Sorry about that. It's made of asphalt paving. And although the driveway was paved three years ago, it still becomes soft in the heat.
Eric
You can purchase asphalt material (probably more than you need) and tamp it into the divot. Might want to rough up the mating surface a bit. Tom Work at your leisure!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY (Tom) wrote in message

You can buy a 5 gallon pail of patch material at home centers.
On 04 Jul 2004 07:03:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY (Tom) wrote:

Thanks Tom, I'll try to patch it and hope for the best.
Latexite has ready-to-use mixes for patching asphalt. I've used one of them on our driveway with good results. http://www.latexite.com/products.html

It was their "Tamp & Set" product.