How do I Cut Ceramic Tile Around Corners which are rounded or have door molding

Hi Everyone,

What's the best way to cut tile that will fit close to door openings by the door molding or close to walls which have irregular or rounded corners?

Also just to get a few opinions, is $3.25 a good price to pay per square foot for ceramic tile installation? I live in Arizona.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
jeff mattison

A. Saw... 1. Wet w/diamond blade 2. Jig w/diamond blade 3. Hack w/rod blade

B. Nippers

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

C. Dry cut diamond blade in a side grinder, but it's dusty. It is OK if you only have a few to cut.

Reply to
Greg

Consider cutting the molding and sliding the tile under.

Reply to
JerryMouse

You cut the door moldings. Thee is a saw made for just that purose. Offset handle so you don't scrape your kuckles. Lay a tile on the floor and use it as a guide for the saw to get the proper thickness.

Only if he knows how to cut the tile around door moldings ;)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski