Drill Decision

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:34:54 -0400, Stormin Mormon

As many say "you get what you pay for" and whle I too have several HF tools, for something I use all the time I decided on a Bosch cordless. Best damn drill driver I've ever owned or used. Includes two Lio batts that are small and recharge in 30 mins. So on large jobs I can work with one and by the time it runs out the other will be totally recharged.
Just my $.02 worth.
BobMCT wrote:

Speaking of Bosch, I have a Bosch barrel jig saw made in Swiss, circular saw with electric brake fine tools.

Most of the other stuff is from china. My neighbor has almost everything Hilti brand, very costly. Bosch and Hilti, mostly made in Europe.
Greg
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:34:54 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Most posters are bragging on their old DeWalt tools. I too have a old one that is still working well, but the key factor is that old tools were made here in the USA by DeWalt. Then they merged with B&D and the quality went d own. Now they are made in China and the quality is down further. So you j ust can't recommend DeWalt based upon their older good quality tools vs wha t they make today.
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:25:40 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

e here in the USA by DeWalt. Then they merged with B&D and the quality went down. Now they are made in China and the quality is down further. So you just can't recommend DeWalt based upon their older good quality tools vs w hat they make today.
In December 2012, Spectrum Brands also purchased Black & Decker's hardware and home improvement division.[3] Brands include:
DeWalt
Looks like those who bought pre-2012 are good to go.
Consumers are pretty intelligent.
If a company drops their quality, their sales will fall as well.
I give feedback to companies about their products, whether it's good or bad .
Andy
On 6/19/2014 11:48 PM, Andy wrote:

Takes a very long time though. Companies that had great reputations were sold, cheapened, value reduced, but it could take a generation to catch up. Brands like Singer, Frigidaire, and Black and Decker are still getting a bounce from the solid products them made 50 years ago.

A few years ago I was using cheap Kawasaki drills, but had trigger and battery issues. I bought a sears lithium for $100 and I have no problems and great service. Until the battery dies, I'm good.
Greg
rbowman posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

The link given went to the Milwaukee drill not their junk. They are an on- line retailer for good stuff too.
--
Tekkie

philo  posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

All my stuff is Milwaukee. The link for the uninformed shows the correct drill as HF is also an on-kine retailer.
--
Tekkie

BenDarrenBach posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Milwaukee & Ryobi are same holding co. IMO Milwaukee quality has not gone down but has become more innovative.
--
Tekkie