Drill Decision

I agree with you about DeWalt.

I have a 20 Volt rechargeable and corded Drill and am extremely pleased with them.

Reply to
Andy

e that is still working well, but the key factor is that old tools were mad e here in the USA by DeWalt. Then they merged with B&D and the quality went down. Now they are made in China and the quality is down further. So you just can't recommend DeWalt based upon their older good quality tools vs w hat they make today.

In December 2012, Spectrum Brands also purchased Black & Decker's hardware and home improvement division.[3] Brands include:

DeWalt

Looks like those who bought pre-2012 are good to go.

Consumers are pretty intelligent.

If a company drops their quality, their sales will fall as well.

I give feedback to companies about their products, whether it's good or bad .

Andy

Reply to
Andy

A few years ago I was using cheap Kawasaki drills, but had trigger and battery issues. I bought a sears lithium for $100 and I have no problems and great service. Until the battery dies, I'm good.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Hi, Speaking of Bosch, I have a Bosch barrel jig saw made in Swiss, circular saw with electric brake fine tools.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Most of the other stuff is from china. My neighbor has almost everything Hilti brand, very costly. Bosch and Hilti, mostly made in Europe.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Well, most of my clothes come from Goodwill.

Even though I *occasionally* spend some money on expensive clothing, most of my pants I just get for $3

The store is just two blocks from here and it's a lot easier that driving to a department store.

Over the years, I always regretted getting the cheap cordless drills. Dumbest thing is I was working and could just put it on my expense account anyway.

Reply to
philo

Takes a very long time though. Companies that had great reputations were sold, cheapened, value reduced, but it could take a generation to catch up. Brands like Singer, Frigidaire, and Black and Decker are still getting a bounce from the solid products them made 50 years ago.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

rbowman posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

The link given went to the Milwaukee drill not their junk. They are an on- line retailer for good stuff too.

Reply to
Tekkie®

philo  posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

All my stuff is Milwaukee. The link for the uninformed shows the correct drill as HF is also an on-kine retailer.

Reply to
Tekkie®

BenDarrenBach posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Milwaukee & Ryobi are same holding co. IMO Milwaukee quality has not gone down but has become more innovative.

Reply to
Tekkie®