Does any one has experience with L-5300 600WATT PORT WORKLIGHT ?

I found this at http://www.thehardwarecity.com/thc/index.html?skuV39877 for $19.95. I am tempted to buy one but wanted to know if any one of you used this before.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:33:57 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Looks a lot like the one I bought several years ago. The bulbs don't last long, so pick up spares. [$7 at Lowe's - about $3 at Harbor freight]
Mine has a 500w bulb in it- look into the light and I'm blind for a few minutes.
It throws a great light for highlighting spackling errors. Shine from side & it makes mole hills look like mountains.
Also works for throwing a little extra heat on a paint project.
$20 seems like an OK price- HF has a 500w for $14 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber0858 [and a dual head on a stand for $30 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber@123 Unless I was going to have it on a jobsite 40 hours a week I wouldn't overthink it too much- it is just a light, albeit a very bright one.
Jim

I often see these types of lights on construction sites. The bulbs are not very durable. The element tends to break from vibration. I would find out how much replacement bulbs cost before purchasing this.

harbor freight has them beat, fixtures about 10 bucks bulbs about 2 bucks.....
why pay more everything comes from china anyway
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There is junk and there is quality. Some people don't want to buy things five times.
On Dec 8, 12:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Many other places are cheaper. On mine I always replace the 500W lamp from China with a 300W Sylvania from one of the box stores. The difference in output lumens is not all that important and the lamps last far longer.
Joe