Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

Page 2 of 5

plates as much as possible first, which shortens the dishwasher cycle.
On Thu 14 Nov 2013 03:09:28p, Tony Hwang told us...

Our Bosch DW has such a sensor if one chooses the "auto" cycle. Works flawlessly.

On 12/6/2013 11:51 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Any idea how they work?
On 12/8/2013 1:15 PM, bud-- wrote:

adjust the cycle accordingly.
Our KitchenAid does a fantastic job on the auto cycle.

People that know you don't need to rinse are "lazy"? You're weird.

http://tinyurl.com/c5ch36w
Rinsing dishes before loading the dishwasher can do more harm than good.
Today's advanced detergents are designed to attack food particles left on dishes. "If there isn't food soil, they tend to attack glasses," says Edwards. "Some glasses are more susceptible to this kind of attacking than others."
Sounds a little fishy to me. But rinsing when you don't need to is a waste of time, water, and energy.
--
Dan Espen

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:20:46 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:

I've never rinsed dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. They come out nice and clean. It seems to me people that wash them are wasting their time and hot water/energy, doing unnecessary work. I just scrape off anything large, that's it.
On the other hand, I've seen people who practically wash the dishes clean by hand before putting them in the dishwasher. That's nuts to me.

I'd say it's more than a little fishy. The vast majority of dishes are only going to have food on a small portion of the surface. To rely on food covering the dishes to prevent damage would be nuts.

+1

Are you taking lessons from Stormy?
Why can't we get back to leaving posts that are actually relevant to a.h.r. alone and just answer the question? Why does every thread have to end up as a bashing of one political side or the other?
We have the OT designation, why not use that for non-a.h.r comments?
My leaf blower was acting funny and almost immediately the thread turned into an Obama and Reganomics discussion thanks to Stormy. Here's a question about a DW feature and the thread immediately turns into a liberal bashing.
OK, we get it, some of you guys have strong feelings. It used to be that the threads could get some legs and some advice actually offered before they went off track. Lately it seems that the very first responses are completely irrelevant to the question asked.
Yeah, yeah, I know...if I don't like it I can leave. I'm aware of that option, so no need to offer it up.
On 11/13/2013 4:05 PM, Oren wrote:

Schmutz is a noun slang meaning dirt, filth, garbage, or something similar. BTW - the Hope and Change thing is working out just fine for me and many others.

BS
Stolen without permission from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet
"The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve several billion users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and optical networking technologies."
Nothing in that definition even remotely explains the rationale behind someone reading a simple home repair related question and responding with comment in which they either express their own political views or bash someone else's.
My question goes unanswered, but you know what? I'm not really looking for an answer. I just hoping that perhaps I can plant a seed that might make people think twice before hijacking a thread right from the get-go.
I've been reading a.h.r since the ’80’s. Others have been here even longer. Back in the day, a.h.r. questions were responded to with relevant suggestions and advice using essentially same internet that we use today. You can't blame it on a technology, you can only blame it on people. It's people who decide what to type and it's people who decide whether to hit send or not.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27l-de9OjI
<stuff snipped>

I admire your hopeful nature but this sort of "hijacking" is a deliberate action meant to provoke conflict by people that enjoy watching people argue. They're clearly not here to help or to learn, just to make it harder for those that actually do want to assist others.
My psychologist friend says they are subconsciously trying to recreate the conditions of a bad childhood where their parents were likely arguing in front of them incessantly. They take a perverse comfort in seeing people fight that most normal people can't fathom. For them, it's a sort of very sick "I'm home again" feeling that brings them perverse comfort. Sort of like Anthony Perkins in the movie "Psycho." It's actually very sad.
As Dan E. has pointed out, there's one way to deal with it - the killfile. Sadly, no matter how many seeds you plant in sterile, poisoned ground, they will never grow.
--
Bobby G.

One can hope, one can always hope. :-)

Vain hope. How long has Malcolm been at it?
Every time I post recommending a kill file, I get emails asking how do you use a kill file.
Sorry but there is no cook book answer. Kill files are a feature of the client software you use to read Usenet. It's my understanding that every tool that can directly access Usenet has a kill file feature. I don't even know if Google Groups or Homeownwers hub has an equivalent.
Assuming your client software is up to the task, you'll probably find the feature under a label like "ignore".
--
Dan Espen

<stuff snipped>

Hope stinks infernal in the human breast - no, that's not right. Hope *springs eternal* in the human breast.
In the kingdom of winter, there is no hope. No, wait, that's not right either!
In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter!
--
Bobby G.

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:20:13 PM UTC-8, Robert Green wrote:

My amateur diagnosis is that they don't HAVE a life. They have made THIS th eir life. Maybe not so far off from your shrink friend's call. The scary part is their hatred of women, expressed in the most vulgar terms, even whe n referring to spouse. Not hard to guess the diagnostic shrink term for TH AT syndrome ! [...]
The normal people who come here to get or give useful technical info usuall y get results within 'n' responses. I doubt whether "normal" users would b e turned off by the crazies; they'd probably be sophisticated enough to [ve rb?) the grain from the chaff. Faut de mieux, there's the killfile.
Now, on to a 96-year-old solar pioneer casting doubt on the technology. Ya wn. Tomorrow, on new thread.
Pax vobiscum
HB
<stuff snipped>

<My amateur diagnosis is that they don't HAVE a life. They have made THIS their life. Maybe not so far off from your shrink friend's call. The scary part is their hatred of women, expressed in the most vulgar terms, even when referring to spouse. Not hard to guess the diagnostic shrink term for THAT syndrome !>
Fortunately now I only see that sort of misogyny when someone I haven't twit-listed responds to one of the women-haters club - which reminds me of "Our Gang" and further proves that most of the anti-social posters here are still mired in an unhappy childhood.
<Pax vobiscum>
Et cum spirit tuo.
--
Bobby G.

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:38:21 PM UTC-8, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Derby, my man, these people's song consists of one note and one note alone. They are poorly informed, not well-educated, but that doesn't bother them ; their thing is to react rather than think --on a kindergarten level.

Hah, Derby, this cohort, instead of disregarding the few OTs that show up - - which is precisely the purpose of the designation -- actively seek them out so they can [select verb with sexual nuance] the author for posting an OT. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

Despair not, Derby-kins -- the pitiful ideologs do seem to dominate ahr, bu t in fact we are blessed with solid professionals and high-level DIYers who give careful, nuanced advice.
HB

Lefties always think they're superior to everyone else, including other lefties. It defines the stupid bastards.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Oh, the irony.
-- Doug
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:48:44 -0600, Douglas Johnson

Fact <> irony, though lefties are too stupid to tell the difference.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

And the irony keeps on coming.
-- Doug