cutting in reverse

Page 7 of 8
On 2016-05-23 2:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

While true, if you do it to yourself, that is one thing, if you injure a neighbour or stranger because of a careless action, it can get expensive. It is better just to do it safely, in the first place.
--
Froz....

Why do people always come up with that nonsense? Almost every single person on the planet will put themselves before someone else. So why on earth would you say it's ok to endanger yourself and not others?
--
Reason to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

I do, usually monthly. Once in a great while it needs a bit of water. That's the first thing I looked at when this problem started - water level normal.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 1:38:01 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

What is this doing in the Cutting In Reverse thread?
On Mon, 23 May 2016 08:19:51 -0700 (PDT), TimR wrote:

The janitor at my elementary school was killed by a power mower when he ran over a wire coat hanger and it cut his carotid artery.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

That had to be the most unlikely thing ever.
--
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a dustcart reversing.

On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:
[snip]

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user, but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Only if you continue to sit next to the person smoking. Are you tied up or something?
--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 4:53:05 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Good Gawd! You are such a frigging idiot. There should be a Mr. Birdbrain ban.
On 22/05/2016 21:44, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On the other hand it's alcohol that causes the vast majority of fights and fill up the A&E depts every friday and saturday nights plus drink drivers kill and mame many people every day.
--
Bod

Indeed - smoking just calms you down (especially if you use the correct substance in the cigarette).
--
Why do blacks have white hands and feet?
They were on all fours when god spray painted them!
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:45:12 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

rds?

llorT
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:11:58 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

s engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and the n back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clea r. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

wards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to happen.
On 5/22/2016 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

So, you're sitting on your riding mower, and then put your riding mower in reverse, as you're sitting. Fall off backwards? Well, I guess it's possible.
My Dad used to see people pulling walk-behind mowers backwards. He'd go have a safety lecture at them. The walking mowers, much more dangerous if pulled.

Actually momentum pushes you forwards.

No they're not. Nobody is stupid enough to keep pulling when it comes to their foot.
--
Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with solution in hand."

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:17:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Particularly the old "toe-nail clipper" like the mower on my web-site. Front and rear discharge - circa 1957
On 05/21/2016 08:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I suppose someone was cutting in reverse and looking forward.
Anyway, if that was a problem, why kill the engine when there's a way to disengage the blades?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Their problem.
--
"VAT is a simple tax..." -- Anthony Barber, Chancellor of the Exchequer on the introduction of VAT on April Fool's Day in 1973.

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 12:58:28 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

aged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then bac k up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. H ow can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb
Find a schematic and see how it's wired up? Find the switch that detects gear position and bypass it? Or course they apparently put that there for some additional protection, how important that is to you, is up to you.
On 05/21/2016 12:21 PM, trader_4 wrote: ...

Yeah, but that one makes mowing in any restricted place a _real_ pita. That'd be a non-starter for a purchase in my book and definitely a retrofit...