costco honda generator

Page 7 of 8

Thew make good boiler controls and thermostats, I bet they didnt make anything on that gen they just put their name on it.
ransley wrote:

do you have any information on this, would appreciate very much to know
jethro wrote:

true for things like bicycles and cars. The Honda dealer told me to avoid Coleman as their parts suppliers would be difficult to get parts from.
Curious as to shipping cost of the unit you are buying.
Frank wrote:

free
jethro wrote:

$87. I guess that could be reasonable if cheaper than off the shelf items.
Hope I never need another generator but if I do, I'd opt for something quieter.
Frank wrote:

I thought about that. If mine didn't sound like the hinges on the gates of Hell, I'd be able to hear all my neighbor's generators.
HeyBub wrote:

on 7/12/2009 8:42 PM (ET) Frank wrote the following:

Mine is loud too, and more so because it is on a walkway between the house and poolhouse, so it echoes between the walls. I have it positioned so that the muffler points towards the woods behind my house, so that it doesn't bother the neighbors as much, but when my generator is running, so are the neighbor's generators. I've thought of removing that box muffler and replacing it with a pipe and auto muffler pointing straight up. Maybe make a removable foam insulation board surround (3 sides), to keep the motor and generator noise down.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

If you are reasonably handy, find yourself a good deal on an old Onan generator like they use in motor homes. They run at half the speed of portable generators and are much easier to make quiet. Further, most of them you find still have thousands of hours of reliable operation left in them.
Vaughn

I have to agree with you there. I have seen Onans with less than 150 hours being sold from motor homes that are being scraped or the generators are upgraded to a larger unit.
Richard W.
honeywell servicing dealers are honda dealers
ransley wrote:

Unfortunately like most companies they are just a name that used to mean good period. They own and manufacture for example the junk ademco alarm equipment.

the maker of the Honeywell is NORTSHORE POWER SYSTEMS LLC, phone 414-332-2375

..and they just confirmed, all parts come from India and China
Please test it under a variety of situations, and let us know how it works for you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The lights flickered because there wasn't enough load on the generator. I would guess that if you put on more load, it would've worked fine.
Hank
Hustlin' Hank wrote:

then why did another (also honda engine) generator produce a clean 119v on the same load ?