costco honda generator

Obviously, we get by because we're not quite a "retarded" as some people...

Reply to
cj

That's odd, because I have never heard anyone call say buy gas when they meant propane, they always said go buy gas (gasoline) or go buy propane. That way there never was any mix up between the two. Even though propane is a gas that's stored in liquid form.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

That sounds silly. Of course I wasn't talking about the things themselves but the WORDS. Which one is the "gas tank"?

[improperly placed sig snipped]

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And when the kids in school ask for a rubber nobody stares, it means eraser

Reply to
News

Some know-it-all types confuse Petrol (Gasoline) with benzine. To wit:

Petroleum ether, also known as benzine, VM&P Naphtha, Petroleum Naphtha, Naphtha ASTM, Petroleum Spirits, X4 or Ligroin, is a group of various volatile, highly flammable, liquid hydrocarbon mixtures used chiefly as nonpolar solvents.

Petroleum ether is obtained from petroleum refineries as the portion of the distillate which is intermediate between the lighter naphtha and the heavier kerosene. It has a specific gravity of between 0.6 and 0.8 depending on its composition. The following distillation fractions of petroleum ether are commonly available: 30 to 40 °C, 40 to 60 °C, 60 to 80 °C, 80 to 100 °C and sometimes 100 to 120 °C. The 60 to 80 °C fraction is often used as a replacement for hexane. Petroleum ether is mostly used by pharmaceutical companies in the manufacturing process. Petroleum ether consists mainly of pentane, and is sometimes used instead of pentane due to its lower cost. Petroleum ether is not technically an ether.[1]

Benzine should not be confused with benzene. Benzine is a mixture of alkanes, e.g., pentane, hexane, and heptane, whereas benzene is a cyclic, aromatic hydrocarbon, C6H6. Likewise, petroleum ether should not be confused with the class of organic compounds called ethers, which contain the -O- functional group.

During the Second World War some extermination camps experimented by killing people with benzine injections.

So before you open your piss ignorant pie hole to cast aspersions you had better be sure you are correct.

Reply to
Don T

.

"Benzine" is German for petrol. Gasolino in Spanish. Essence in French. Gas in USA. Petrol is short for petroleum spirit. ie distilled, fossilised oil. Which sounds perfectly logical to me and causes no confusion. I expect Goethe would have known this.

Reply to
harry