Clean water in Africa

Well, I can't imagine they thought they were sending them off to a vacation cruise.....

Reply to
trader4

Well, I can't imagine they thought they were sending them off to a vacation cruise.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's the kind of thing my daughter is trying to address and remedy in the projects she is involved with and the work she is doing in her Master's degree in International Development.

Reply to
clare

Without a doubt one of the top agencies as far as effectiveness and proper ethical use of funds is the Mennonite Central Committee.

In the USA they are located at:

Mennonite Central Committee

21 S 12th St, Akron, PA, United States +1 717-859-1151

More information at mcc.org. Although they are a Christian organization, directly connected to the Mennonite and Brethren in Christ denominations, the MCC is a relief and development agency - not a mission agency - although, being a christian organization, everything is done in the name of Christ and to his glory. If that bothers anyone, I'm sorry. Sorry it bothers you - not sorry to be a part of the organization and it's supporting churches.

Reply to
clare

Still the VAST majority of Americans were born on American soil - of parents born on American soil, who died on American soil - and they themselves will die on American soil. A very large percentage having never set foot OFF of American soil - so yes, the RE American.

Reply to
clare

Historically the UK has conquered MANY more countries and a LOT more land the the USA has in it's short 200+ year history.

So has France -

Reply to
clare

caused by these

That's your opinion

The survival rates are TERRIBLY low in many of these countries and areas. Higher than you would like to see as you obviously believe the world would be better off without Africans (as you apparently believe it is without native americans)

Unless they can be taught how to support themselves. Africa is the next China or Japan or Korea or India as far as being a large supply of low cost labour to manufacture all the things Britts and Yanks and Canuks, (and increasingly, Chinese and Indians) want to buy for low prices.

Reply to
clare

You believe everything you see on the internet???

Reply to
clare

Just saying, Marseilles is a lot worse.

Reply to
clare

One does not rule out the other Harry. Yes, Charity begins at home - but it doesn't have to stop there.

Reply to
clare

Not until they ended up in the next ship - - - Which occaisionally DID hapopen.

Reply to
clare

It helps that I lived and worked in the area and my daughter is currently heavilly involved and has made it her subject of study for many years.

Reply to
clare

Not good practice with bots etc harvesting addresses - and not good net higiene

folks have gone along. I should know more, perhaps some day.

the text, or link.

Reply to
clare

You can get just as sick, just as fast, in Mexico

Reply to
clare

An African woman in , say, Burkina Faso may have 8 children, of which

5 survive past Age 2, and 3 reach adulthood to be able to support her in her old age. Large families in Africa are NOT that common - unless you count the families of the MEN, who like in your religous backround, have many wives - they may father 30 or 40, of which 25 survive past age 2, and 12 to 15 reach adulthood.
Reply to
clare

So which bit isn't true?

Reply to
harryagain

Your daughter is one of those rare angels. I would guess you're proud of her. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ah. You get help ifyou gototheir church. Immoral, it should be unconditional.

Reply to
harryagain

American enough to fight in the civil war.

As American as Arnie.

Reply to
harryagain