Clean water in Africa

Thank goodness neither I, my daughter, or the organization she works for is a "yank".

Nothing against "Yanks" - but it just shows what kind of a sorry bigot Harry is.

Reply to
clare

How wrong you are. In MOST of Africa, the women do all of the work and run most of the commerce - while the men are either a)- working out of the country,or b) otherwize occupied.

Reply to
clare

They could always become a colony

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Clare you are a stupid stupid woman. Women in Africa are considered to be chattels of absolutely no consequense. Once away from policed "tourist areas" they may not travel alone. Any unattached woman is considered fair game and is at risk of rape. kidnapping or mugging, murder or even all of those things).Any woman is ignored in polite society, she is considered to be wife/sister/other lackey. Ergo, she can achieve absolutely nothing by her presence. She will be expected to keep silent. African are accustomed to deal with men, women are the possesion of men, without intellect or value other than baby machines/status symbols. If she is indeed sleeping under canvas I hope they have sufficient armed guards, they will need them. All white people are perceived to be rich and hence the targets of local criminals. The police may well be in cahoots with them. Any woman wandering alone are considered "fair game" as they do not seem to be owned by a man. Many Africans have a huge interest in having sex with a white woman, something they can brag about. The big cities are the most crime and violence ridden places in the world, especially by night. Out of the cities, white people have to secure the "protection" of the local head man which might cost money.

I just hope your daughter is travelling with experienced Africa travellers and not some half witted do=gooder. These are things you should have found out before she even set off.

In muslim countries, if not dressed to what locals consider appropiate standards (and who knows what that is nowadays) she might be stoned in the street. Yes things are that bad. People in Africa are getting poorer and more desperate all the time.

I have seen all these things myself first hand. And been the target on ocassion. This stuff you see on the TV is poitically correct crap. Africa was, is and always will be full od savages. Since de-colonisation, things have just gone downhill. Weapons (sent by the Yanks0 are in the hands of crimials (sold to them by the police), things just go from bad to worse.

Stupid woman. You really haven't a clue what could happen to your daughter and how pointless her presence is in Africa.

Reply to
harryagain

Bit here on the topic. And this is just the tourist areas.

harryagain

True. Women do all the menial tasks. Commerce is rusualy unning a stall in the local market. They work like dogs. Especially in the countryside, hand hoeing fields for example, usually pregnant and carrying another child on their back. The men sit on their fat arses and watch then do it. Their anbition is to own a suit and a breifcase. As they have no useful skills/education, the men are unwanted in other countries except as labourers. Most places they go as illegal immigrants. A bit like Mexicans but totally useless.

Reply to
harryagain

Just telling you the facts. I'm surprised you never thought to check before she went out there. There are numerous security, social and health risks in Africa. And I mean life threatening/changing ones.

It is helpfull if they're not Yanks. There is nothing dumber than a Yank in a foreign country.

Reply to
harryagain

I been there long enough to realise that charity work is a total wste of time. The main beneficiaries are the already rich (by local standards) All this due to corruption and graft which is rife.

Reply to
harryagain

These charities are just a career for certain crooks/religious organisations that prey on on well meaning donors in the wealthier countries. They often put the lives of their workers at risk. I am worried for Clair's daugther as he/she seems so ignorant about Africa.

Reply to
harryagain

Ultimately colonisation was a bad idea. Look how you lot turned out. The Chinese are trying to colonise Africa. You may be next.

Reply to
harryagain

Why the USA? She does not live here so she may want to go back to her country of origin where she lives.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They could always become a colony

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If everone planked the jerk none of us would have to deal with him any more.

Reply to
clare