Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

Recently we have noticed that our clothes have a mildew smell to them. Most noticable are towels. When you use them they smell like mildew.
Anyone else with this type of washer have this issue?
We use the recommended detergent type.
Thanks
Use a small amout of bleach once in a while. Keep the door open when washer isn't in use. I mean real bleach and not color safe bleach.

I looked there, and then learned RS doesn't sell the fuel, and the clerk had no idea where one could get the fuel. Where do you purchase the fuel (butane) and how easy is it to transfer?
Thanks.
we had aplastic tub washer that liked odors and lint with odors: if the lint fibers are built up between the inner perforated tub which holds clothes and the outer water holding tub, you'll want to bleach them. if you have a plastic instead of stainless tub it may seem to hold more odors. turn on an exhaust fan and follow washer instructions,
run a full load of water, agitate to mix in the bleach, and let it soak.
see also: http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/09/02/mailbag-my-washer-stinks /
Hi,
A smell can also come from the dryer. Make sure the dryer vents, vent hood and ducts in the dryer are cleaned out.
Washer smells often come from left over chemicals left in the washer. http://www.applianceaid.com/washer_odor.html
jeff Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /