Kenmore elite calypso washer code C1

Can anyone tell me what this error code means? The clothes are wet and drippy when I open the washer to take them out to put them into the dryer.

Reply to
Jim

Hi,

No model# posted, but I found this.....

CA Cl

Average current limit Or Instantaneous current limit.

If a status signal comes back from the motor controller that a current limit has been breached, the unit will return to standby mode and display either CA for average current limit trip or Cl for instantaneous current limit trip.

Average current trip occurs if there is a 2 second average of current draw greater than 5.55 amps at the motor windings.

Instantaneous current trip occurs if there is a spike of 26 amps instantly at the motor windings.

This may signify problems with the drive motor, thermal protector, or motor controller. Over-loading the unit may cause this problem.

Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.

washer repair manual.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff