Whirlpool Calypso spin cycle is leaving my clothes damp

I just bought a new Calypso washer, and I love it. However, the clothes finish the wash a bit damp, and most definitely more damp than they did in my old Maytag washer. This increases drying time.

Does anyone else have a Calypso who has noticed this too? I wonder if my washer is functioning correctly... Thanks.

Reply to
John

My Neptune has a setting for max extract. Missed it for the first couple of weeks I owned it. Does yours have this setting?

Reply to
SQLit

I've owned a Neptune and Whirlpool front loader. Both are good and get clothes much more spun out than conventional washers. I suspect yours should be the same. Make sure it is set for max extract. Also Consumer Reports liked your washer but had many problems with it and did not recommend it for that reason. Hopefully they have the bugs out by now.

Reply to
Art

Max extract is awesome for anything you put in the dryer on a higher heat (i.e. towels, jeans, khakis, etc.). If you plan to lay the items flat to dry or dry on low or extra low, don't use it, you will not get the wrinkles out of the clothes and will then need to go the extra work of ironing them. This is from my experience thus far with my Neptune.

Reply to
blue

Thanks... I do have it set for max extract, but the problem seems the same. It's not actually a "problem", but it definitely increases drying time by at least 20 minutes versus my old-fashioned top loader.

I think I will probably return the washer and try a different model. I paid so much for the Calypso that I just can't deal with it not performing perfectly.

I guess that's one of the downsides of spending a lot of money on something... it increases your expectations!

John

Reply to
John

It is probably defective. Try a Maytag Neptune or Whirlpool/Kenmore HE3T front loaders. I've owned both and they are great. The Whirlpool/Kenmore is a bit bigger than the Neptune. By the way my first Kenmore HE3T had so many problems, Sears picked it up and brought me a new one. The second one is fine. I gave the Neptune to my parents when they moved to the area.

Reply to
Art

Why don't you just have it repaired? That's what the warranty is for!

I doubt it's a deficiency in the design.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

replying to John, Anthony wrote: Hey john sorry to bother I have the same machine right now and the same problem do you know how to fix this problem I try to figure out how fix this issues I hope you can read this and help me please thank you

Reply to
Anthony