MNaytag Neptune Dryer leaving Brown Marks

I have a Maytag Neptune Model MDG9700 AWW gas dryer.

We noticed a sharp spot in the drum that was capable of cutting a hand, and a "drum kit" (which was covered under the extended warranty) was installed.

A few months after the drum kit was installed we noticed random marks on cloths and eventually traced it to the felt seal appearing to get hot and leave the marks. We now have a rag that we use to wipe the inside of the drum near the seal (it is covered iwth these brown/red marks) and we wash darks first; however we still get occasional marks on cloths / table cloths etc. Homesource in Hutchinson MN (Our local service org where we purchased the unit) escalated this and the manufacturer did not respond.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Does anyone have any advice?

Does anyone know of any leverage that we can use to get Maytag to deal with this? This isn't an entry level applience. I expected better service.

Reply to
qkrengel