I am now going to answer my own question:
Direct drive washer - won't spin service aid....
Quick tips....Slow or no spin....
Before troubleshooting, unplug machine and take apart! Then, determine:
1. Is the washer RUNNING but not spinning?
2. NOT RUNNING and not spinning?
If the washer is NOT running (or working intermittently) check lid
switch for continuity. Broken lid switch arm and the lid switch probe
should be checked as well. Something NEW to check for when looking at
that lid switch. Always a good idea to check for clothing between the
tanks as well. Make sure nothing has gone through one of the inner
basket holes and is now scrapping or jamming the tub from moving, such
items may be a nail, pin, bra under wire.
Read a bit on how the washer works as well.
If washer IS running but not spinning or not properly spinning leaving
clothes soggy, remove power and remove cabinet.
Then, proceed through this check list:
1. Lid open.
2. Lid switch defective. (Very Common problem)
3. Lid switch disconnect plug open/burnt.
4. Clothes between basket and outer tank.
5. Lint filter caught between the wash basket and outer holding tank.
6. Wiring harness.
7. Bad motor capacitor (How to check)
8. Weak clutch.
9. Timer switches. (possible not allowing the pause required for the
transmission to set up to spin )
11. Cam driver on basket drive broken or basket drive weak.
12. Spin tube.
13. Notches in drive block worn out and not engaging basket drive
14. Broken motor coupling. See Replacing Motor Coupler Page