Buzzing from outside AC unit - outside fan is running

Makes sense. Gap causes eddy currents I suppose. Same things apply for transformer/inductor core design.

Reply to
Meat Plow

In my experience, when the relay is located outdoors and not well sealed from the environment, what happens is that the D shaped copper "shading coil" at the armkature end of the relay coil corrodes into nothingness and can no longer serve its function of creating an out of phase AC magnetic field to prevent the buzzing of the relay armature.

(More than you needed to know, huh?)

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia