Outside AC condenser unit

Smelled wires burning inside home for 2 weeks , not located by any professional , wires going into the outside unit found melted going to the compressor , can I just replace the melted wires with # 14 wire ? And did it burn the contact switch ? Need help today ! Also turning off the outside disconnect enough or do I need to cut power at the breaker box as well ?

First task - determine _WHY_.

No.

Who knows?

Look up "electrician" in the yellow pages.

If you have to ask....
in message

This is a dangerous situation. Wires are not supposed to melt, in a proper wiring setup a circuit breaker or fuse should blow first.
Get an electrician to determine the cause problem and only then fix the problem.