Bosch DW pump running, NOT the floats or flood pan

Hi, my Bosch DW is running the drain pump continuously with the door open or closed. I did some research and checked the flood pan (it's dry) and floats are clean and slide fine.

I manually pushed the pump switch on and off and still pump is running regardless.

I also disconnected the pump switch just to see what would happen and the pump still ran.

Bosch Model # SHX46A05UC / 38

please help! this is my 3rd appliance breakdown this week!

-Chris

Reply to
Mr. C

might well be the main board:( Bosch dishwashers clean GREAT, but are terrible to service. The one I tossed at a year old had broken down 3 times in its first year, under warranty:(

When it died at year 2 just out of warranty I replaced it with a whirlpool..

Reply to
bob haller

Yes, it doesn't sound good. Has he tried turning the power off, then back on again?

If that didn't work, next thing I'd do is find a schematic and see what actually controls the pump.

Reply to
trader4

Does this use one of those "Electronic" control boards?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yes, I've tried turning it on and off. I'd like to find a guide for the error codes for my model, I believe the leds can display this info. Anyone know how to get one online?

Reply to
Mr. C

Have you googled for "service manual Bosch XYZ123 Dishwasher" Or just googling for "error code 123 Bosch dishwasher"? I'd try the latter first.

Reply to
trader4