Best solder free electrical connection

Page 4 of 13

Ah - the whinings of the colonial underclass
--
geoff

On 8/20/2010 1:35 PM, geoff wrote:

Don't worry cousin, the next time you're attacked, we'll still come to your rescue. 8-)
TDD

I should bloody well hope so - the number of times we've had to be there to help you out of late
... despite more of our troops getting killed by septic friendly fire in the first Iraqi fracas
Which brings me round to thinking ...
Have you actually won anything since you came to help us out (at great expense to us) in WW2 ?
err ... Vietnam ? ... No
Chad ? ... No
and whose defence network was hacked by a 14 year old kid
anyway, bye for a while - off to sunny germany
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

That's a very good example of why most people with brains left Europe for 'The new World'.
On 21/08/2010 03:59, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

So how come Britain made a better nuclear bomb than the New World? And the New World wanted as much detail of our superior technology as they could get?
Dave
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:50:31 +0100, Dave wrote:

The promblem is that the Septics believe their own war films...for example, 'U-571'.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
On 8/21/2010 12:04 PM, Bob Eager wrote:

That's odd, I know it's a work of fiction and not a documentary. Even as a small child, I knew that Superman was not a real person. Perhaps some people believe everything they read or see in movies and TV shows. I have found that many Europeans get their stereotypical opinion of the Southeast U.S. from the media and when they visit, are surprised that there is no constant banjo music and a Negro hanging from every other tree.
TDD
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:46:57 +0100, The Daring Dufas

Indeed, no constant banjo music or Negro's hanging from trees.
Just lots of extremely large people and restaurants that all think you haven't eaten for months. I guess the trees couldn't withstand the weight, so the Negro's just dropped to the ground.
On 8/21/2010 4:23 PM, ><(((> wrote:

Well, there is a lot of press about obesity in the South. There are lots of big old boys but they can usually pick up a car engine without breaking a sweat.
TDD
Dave wrote:

What superior technology? Lucas?

A giant US engineering company, TRW, put its best brains to work to develop a successful electric power steering system. They spent a long time and many millions of dollars. In the end they had to go out and buy the technology from a little British outfit. Guess who that was? It's now the world most successful electric power steering system.
Now who the hell was it....
Oh, yes. Lucas.
On 8/21/2010 2:01 PM, Steve S (another one) wrote:

The US military also purchased the rights to build the Harrier Jump Jet. I think there has been a lot of technology going in both directions. So be fair about it, The UK is a great place.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Is that the junk the stuck the Marines with? The politics was that it was cheaper to buy a design, because the Marines wouldn't need many.
"Steve S (another one)" wrote:

I've never seen an electric power steering system, and never want to touch anything made by Lucass.

An American that doesn't fly? Have a look at who makes plane parts these days.
"dennis@home" wrote:

Not since 1974.

Who really cares? It's all low bidder crap these days.

I thought Lucusitis was a disease cause by the use of Lucas products? Is there not an evil fellow named Lucaser, Prince of Darkness? 8-)
TDD
---
tm wrote:

Not even the smoke from their motors. :(
The Daring Dufas wrote:

And it has infect the minds of many Europeans. So much so that they no longer expect quality from anything. :(