Best solder free electrical connection

Hey - what's the matter with slide rules? I still use mine (fairly) regularly.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The Americans aren't the only ones to have collected moon rocks.

Reply to
dennis

I cant understand you peeps on the west side of the pond bragging about being technically superior to Europeans. Since the US was originally colonized by a mix of either Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch or English, your all of European descent anyway.

You've just developed funny ways and attitudes since!

Reply to
><((

He was very well lubricated, himself, back when I knew him.

Reply to
salty

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Errr never mind TMI.

Reply to
Meat Plow

No. The Edsel was a working automobile, but it was hardly a success.

For products designed for the market, yes.

Reply to
krw

No, it didn't. It didn't have the range originally intended. I believe it was supposed to super-cruise, too, and it didn't.

...and the SST was cancelled when the goal was moved. The Concorde was continued for ego reasons.

It was too expensive when it was DESIGNED.

In your dreams.

Lies.

More bullshit.

Reply to
krw

First supersonic airplane in level flight. Several broke the sound barrier, in dives, before the X-1.

Reply to
krw

You really do need a remedial reading course. ...or a brain.

Reply to
krw

Sans taxes, fuel is almost the same price now as it was in the '60s. Look it up, instead of looking like the dumbass you are.

Reply to
krw

;-)

Reply to
krw

Yes, all the smart ones left.

Wrong, the attitude came first. There was a reason people left that hell hole.

Reply to
krw

But not with oil. He used white, dry, "lubricant". THat was when he was funny.

Reply to
krw

Teasing is part of the Usenet experience, if we didn't like you we wouldn't even respond to you. You get a bunch of guys together and they are going to throw jabs at each other and kid around. It's basically what we call horseplay. It's like those celebrity roasts that are shown on TV, some of the most horrible and vile insults are thrown about by friends. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I remember reading something about it written by Wernher von Braun. He wrote that they checked and rechecked those rockets over and over again more than they had ever tested any of them before. They wanted zero defects. Apollo 13 was a bit of a fail and the tragic fire on the pad that killed three astronauts led to an extensive redesign and stringent quality control measures for the whole program. Gosh, I have to wonder if we're up to the task to accomplish the same thing today?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

A dive isn't flight - it's a "powered fall"

Reply to
clare

And if the 'friends' go too far, you throw them out! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good for you, but .1% resistors and 1% capacitors are common these days. I was using them 10 years ago.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Which was the first wave of European Brain Drain.

Sure, if you consider a strong drive to do what others won't, or can't. Freedoms you never had in Europe. No overbearing and antiquated royal families.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Teflon in his beer?

Reply to