Best solder free electrical connection

IIRC, Mike Lupika was already a sports writer for the NY Post when he was on IitM. He went up from there, but hardly an unknown in the NY area. I always thought Charles McCord was the brains in the outfit. Imus was too stoned. I remember the time he, on a break, went into the janitor's closet, thinking it was the men's room. He was so blotto never knew any better. McCord had to go find him. I think that's when he got the "opportunity" in Cleveland.

Reply to
krw

The FCC is one thing, but you don't want to mess with the Janitor's union!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not being a big follower of sports, I didn't think of him as well known at all. Imus used to tease him about being somewhat short. He was very likable and interesting.

Really? You were there? LOL!

Reply to
salty

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

Do you think that they made a short-sighted decision then ?

Reply to
geoff

Don't forget the jet engine

Reply to
geoff

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

All by yourself, big boi ?

or was that just the solder joints ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca writes

You could say more or less the same comparing a ford fiesta and a rolls royce

Reply to
geoff

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

Because falling out of the sky and killing people is not a vote winner

Reply to
geoff

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

Do you even know who Sir Frank Whittle was ?

(without sneaking off and looking it up in google, of course)

Reply to
geoff

In message , tm writes

'60 Enfield that DOESN'T leak

Reply to
geoff

What, you didn't put any oil in it? :)

tm

tm

I think you'll find that a Rolls will move more passenger-miles per hour than a Ford Fiesta. ;-)

Reply to
krw

A fully-loaded city bus and the RR would be a more meaningful comparision/analogy.

Reply to
aemeijers

But more passenger miles per hour per GALLON? Perhaps, but i somehow doubt it, having actually driven and fed both. . . . . .

Reply to
clare

The point was that his analogy sucks.

Reply to
krw

Criomps are probably easier for d-i-y.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Or even crimps...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Is that your best attempt at an insult? The only solder work I did was to troubleshoot some boards. There were two complete ground stations. One fixed, one mobile. They were shipped to Italy. The last I heard, they wanted a second mobile ground station because the ESA facility was so small. That caused front end overload at launch for the fixed station. A good +60 dB above what they specified in their purchase order.

I worked in production test & engineering on that project.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yet you can find both sitting on the side of the road, with steam pouring out from under the hood. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tell me why I should care?

Reply to