Best solder free electrical connection

If one took all the time, energy, expertise, and brain power expended on this thread, I betcha it would be almost enough to duck tape them thar wires to the battery.

Reply to
Joe

So how come Britain made a better nuclear bomb than the New World? And the New World wanted as much detail of our superior technology as they could get?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The promblem is that the Septics believe their own war films...for example, 'U-571'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What superior technology? Lucas?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A giant US engineering company, TRW, put its best brains to work to develop a successful electric power steering system. They spent a long time and many millions of dollars. In the end they had to go out and buy the technology from a little British outfit. Guess who that was? It's now the world most successful electric power steering system.

Now who the hell was it....

Oh, yes. Lucas.

Reply to
Steve S (another one)

That's odd, I know it's a work of fiction and not a documentary. Even as a small child, I knew that Superman was not a real person. Perhaps some people believe everything they read or see in movies and TV shows. I have found that many Europeans get their stereotypical opinion of the Southeast U.S. from the media and when they visit, are surprised that there is no constant banjo music and a Negro hanging from every other tree.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The US military also purchased the rights to build the Harrier Jump Jet. I think there has been a lot of technology going in both directions. So be fair about it, The UK is a great place.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I thought Lucusitis was a disease cause by the use of Lucas products? Is there not an evil fellow named Lucaser, Prince of Darkness? 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Everything Lucas made sucked except their vacuum cleaners.

tm

tm

Indeed, no constant banjo music or Negro's hanging from trees.

Just lots of extremely large people and restaurants that all think you haven't eaten for months. I guess the trees couldn't withstand the weight, so the Negro's just dropped to the ground.

Reply to
><((

No "superior technology" has come out of GB since about 1950. - and that may be stretchng it. There have been a few "good ideas" since

Reply to
clare

Well, there is a lot of press about obesity in the South. There are lots of big old boys but they can usually pick up a car engine without breaking a sweat.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I might be wrong but I thought Concorde started flying after 1950. Though then again the Septics didn't like the noise, or was it a classic case of "Not Invented Here" syndrome?

Reply to
><((

I've never seen an electric power steering system, and never want to touch anything made by Lucass.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is that the junk the stuck the Marines with? The politics was that it was cheaper to buy a design, because the Marines wouldn't need many.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And it has infect the minds of many Europeans. So much so that they no longer expect quality from anything. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not even the smoke from their motors. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It was a fast plane, but a poor design. They spent wads of money to build and maintain them, then junked the entire fleet. It was noisy and very fuel inefficient. That forced the fares so high that they weren't able to compete with better planes from multiple countries.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OTOH, I have met some nice women from England who got fed up and left their home country. I love their accents, too. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Bad design" is debatable. Supersonic planes are inherently inefficient, and the Concorde (which was actually a British-French design -- hence the name) was expensive from the get-go.

You can't say it wasn't able to compete with other planes, because the Concorde was the only supersonic transport. Even without the fatal accident, the Concorde would have eventually gone out of business, as there just weren't enough rich people or business who needed to zip to Europe and back.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck