Best solder free electrical connection

Yeah, but at least we had the stones to tell the monarchy to bugger off. Not that we don't do a lot of stupid stuff as well, but at least we haven't kept a clan of figureheads on the public dole for the last N centuries.

Reply to
aemeijers

Um, the cultural education is nice but what's it got to do with electrical connections to a battery holder? Bizarre is fun but at least I try to keep my jokes within the subject matter being discussed. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It was... Radio Shack used to have UK outlets (but seemed to have vanished), but the link above was certainly for their US replacement...

Its a long way to go for a battery holder..

Reply to
Paul

Yes. All the way to your mail box. Of course, that may require you to get out of your chair and actually walk.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The link was to show what the connectors look like, the connectors are available all over the world except perhaps at the yak dealer out on the steppes. I have trimmed solder tabs on a number of items in order to slip a faston connector on them, it's not rocket surgery.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'd have thought both the battery holder and the tabs would be available at Maplins - small electronic parts.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Here's the Maplin link to what Brits call Lucar terminals:

The terminals are the same as what are called Faston (fast on) terminals in The U.S. which slip on to a rectangular metal tab. The oval shaped solder tabs on the battery holder can be squared off in order to accept a Faston/Lucar terminal. Trim the solder tab to look like the end of a male Faston/Lucar terminal and you can make a quick connect.

I hope this makes it clearer and easier to understand the concept.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

FastOn is AMP's trade name for push-on terminals. I believe Lucar describes them as spade connectors.

Frederick Lucas started a car company by 1914. It went out of business in 1921. It produced the Lucar. Maybe that's the origin if the trade name.

Reply to
J Burns

So pinch the connector a bit to tighten it up.

Reply to
clare

And pay three times the value in shipping and taxes

Reply to
Paul

Did you not read my post about 10 lines above ?

I'll type it again without sarcasm or pisstaking

"Excuse me, but is the OP a Septic or English ?

If he/she/it is English, it's bugger all use pointing them at Septic outlets, is it?"

Capiche, ragazzo ?

Reply to
geoff

Any references to Yank suppliers were for examples ONLY. Sometimes a picture can help one communicate with those who speak another language. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Septics.for example

ha ha

Reply to
geoff

Slimy Limeys. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Only in uncivilised countries. ;)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bunch of flaming queens.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

Ah - the whinings of the colonial underclass

Reply to
geoff

Don't worry cousin, the next time you're attacked, we'll still come to your rescue. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I should bloody well hope so - the number of times we've had to be there to help you out of late

... despite more of our troops getting killed by septic friendly fire in the first Iraqi fracas

Which brings me round to thinking ...

Have you actually won anything since you came to help us out (at great expense to us) in WW2 ?

err ... Vietnam ? ... No

Chad ? ... No

and whose defence network was hacked by a 14 year old kid

anyway, bye for a while - off to sunny germany

Reply to
geoff

That's a very good example of why most people with brains left Europe for 'The new World'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell