bathroom lock

Re lock for bathroom. It has the little button you turn to lock/unlock. Isn`t the button supposed to be straight up and down when unlocked, and sideways when the door is locked. The way I installed it, it is the opposite way. can you tell me how to install it properly. Patt

Take life easy. Your lock is correct.

I disagree with the other poster. The lock should be horizontal while unlocked and vertical while locked. But the most important thing is how the tee-pee for your bunghole is spooled on the dispenser. As a rule, it should come over the top. :-)
Patt wrote:

I've always believed it should be horizontal when locked, because if brings to mind "barring the door".
On some (but not all) locksets you can remove the screws holding the two knob assemblies together, pull out the knob with the turnbutton, rotate the button a quarter turn and push the knob back in, reengaging the button shaft the way you'd like it.
Try it, it might work on your lockset.
HTH,
--
Jeffry Wisnia