Are there really people this stupid?

Page 1 of 3
I bought a used chop saw at a garage sale. The saw is great, but I had to laugh. On the deck, there is a picture of a hand, with a saw blade next to it, and a cut on the hand. Is this really necessary? Are there really people this stupid, that they dont know that a power saw can cut them? Or is this just something that insurance requires?
Almost as bad as the pictures of people falling off a ladder, stuck on a label on the ladder.
Of course these might be on these products for people who let their pets use their tools :)

On 10/21/2015 11:07 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

+1
And plenty of stupid jurors to award the plaintiff a bazillion dollar settlement.
On 10/22/2015 03:08 AM, Ed wrote:

another +1
Ralph Mowery wrote:

are smarter often cause an accident.
Per snipped-for-privacy@none.com:

I saw stuff like that I used to think that something, somewhere happened that made such a warning advisable.
Now I am starting to think it's just lawyers doing their jobs... whatever they can think of goes on the warning list.
But I have also come to believe that, if there is such a thing as a National IQ, ours is somewhere around room temperature or below...
--
Pete Cresswell

I have 2 favorite law suits for stupid people, and the judges and jouries.
The first is the woman that got burnt by the hot coffee at the drive through because the coffee was too hot. The other is a person put one leg of an extention ladder in either a pile of frozen mud (might have been a frozen cow patty) . The thing unthaughed when the sun came up and the person fell with the ladder.
Neither of those should have even been allowed to take up the time of the court system, but they did and the people got a big ammont of cash.
Among the stupid people , I worked with a fellow that he and his wife bought a new car. They got all the way home and just as they were about to get out, his wife noticed that the interior of the car was brown . She said that she did not want a brown interior, so they then went back and traded it for another color.
Per Ralph Mowery:

That one seems to have had more to it than what's on the surface.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 10/22/2015 8:29 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

There usually is. But, when folks want to bias opinions, they tend to omit details that make for an argument that needs to be more "considered".
On 10/22/2015 11:29 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

There is more to it, but she still put the coffee between her legs and took the top off.

I may be one of the card carrring stupid people. The brain out runs the the fingers sometimes. Ment to say thawed out. Or maybe started to say unfrozen. Down in the south we may say things slightly different. Like the race car driver Richard Petty said when he had engine trouble, 'my car came uncrunk'.
Probably spelling that wrong. Not sure how it hapened, but my spell checker for this program only checks it in French. Reloaded it a while back and it still only does French with no option to change it to english.

Bad example, Ralph. That coffee was 190+ degrees, which is WAY too damn hot. That same restaurant had received numerous earlier complaints of customers being burned by coffee that was too hot -- and ignored them.
Per Uncle Monster:

Do we know that the lady in question was driving ?
--
Pete Cresswell

On 10/24/2015 3:50 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

We know she was not. She was a passenger and put the cup between her legs. Once you take the top off, the cup is very flexible.
On 10/24/2015 12:38 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
[snip]

If you eat or drink ANYTHING while driving you should be prepared to drop it at ANY TIME. Are you really prepared to drop 190-degree coffee in your lap? If not, you shouldn't be drinking it.
--
61 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

ummm, you meant Christmas Day, right? Celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
On 10/25/2015 6:06 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

Are there really people this secular?
On 10/25/2015 6:39 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Of course, the *big* Christian holiday isn't XMAS but, rather, Easter.
On 10/25/2015 07:44 PM, Don Y wrote:

The Puritans had the right idea; ban XMAS. Even after the ban was relaxed Massachusetts wasn't big on Christmas until the Irish invaded and showed the bluenoses how to party.
On 10/25/2015 7:41 PM, rbowman wrote:

In many easter (esp NE) towns/cities, there are large ethnic populations that have all sorts of bizarre holiday traditions. I recall the Feast of the Three Saints (?) in Lawrence, MA. Complete with a parade of "effigies"/statues down the streets (to which people would tape CASH "donations").
Of course, as a kid, we were only interested in the "rides" and "portable midway" that came with the celebration. And, of course, the special foodstuffs!