Anyone under 60 and healthy?

Page 4 of 9

ah so your free speech is okay, anyone else's isn't?

As usual Malcom, you have know clue as to what me and fellow computer/telecom hacking denizen are discussing. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 01:28:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas

You're squealing. Proceed. You won't change a thing. But it might make you feel better.
On 2/5/2014 11:12 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

Oink! Oink! Oink! SQUEEEEEEEAL! SQUEEEEEEEAL!....... fart. o_O
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hi, Useless eaters? In the orient they say "rice worm"
On 2/3/2014 9:30 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I have to wonder how my Chinese cousins treat their "rice worms"? ^_^
TDD

they feed them to the first graders on the assembly lines

Oh I see, they fatten up the worms to be cooked and served at the restaurants. ^_^
TDD

there are no restaurants at the factories

The worms are shipped to restaurants around the world but some are served at the cafeteria in the factory. ^_^
TDD

How ridiculous. Let me know when you have a metric more solid than "probably" $500-700

but what they conceal is vital."
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Hi, If one wants to avoid tax as much. donate to charity, political party, save iton TFSA, RRSP buy a second house..... Feds have so called transfer payment to equalize financial burden between have and have not provinces. Here Alberta always pays into the pot, Quebec is always big beneficiary. they threaten to separate if not enough is given. In Alberta we don't have health care premium. We have labor shortage, highest wage in the country. As a result irony is Albertans spend way too much incurring highest debt per capita. Number wise per household average income is well over 60K a year.
On 02/02/2014 05:20 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

27 percent of 17 to 24-year-olds in the United States are too fat to serve in the military.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/retired-military-leaders-say-this-generation-is-too-fat-to-fight/
On 2/2/2014 4:20 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

Waky Zaky, the only thing fat about you is your head. How many nyms do you have anyway? ^_^
TDD

How about 71 and working out in the gym lifting weights and all other types of workouts.
On 2/2/2014 4:00 PM, joevan wrote:

Joevan, that's fantastic but I can't do that stuff anymore and it's very frustrating because there was time when I could pick up a car engine. I'm actually going to get a cane and take Sandy, my trained attack Rotthuahua, for walks around our big back yard. ^_^
TDD
On 2/2/2014 5:20 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

It depends who is defining "healthy". Your definition and the insurance company's definition might vary. And, is someone who is "disabled" or even "crippled" necessarily unhealthy?
Speaking as a MD, I believe that if someone is taking prescription medication for a chronic condition, and that condition is being well controlled (no medication side effects and no detectable damage to any organ system from the chronic condition), that person should be considered healthy. (Examples might include well controlled high blood pressure and well controlled high blood cholesterol if they were diagnosed and managed soon after onset - among some other chronic conditions.) I regard those situations as no different than a person who requires prescription corrective lenses to see clearly with no evidence of other ocular abnormality.
And, on the other hand, someone may be taking no prescription medications because they have a serious medical problem that just has not become clinically evident (such as early adult onset diabetes or early stage hepatitis C). Also, some people with chronic mental illness either may be undiagnosed (and therefore untreated), or may refuse to take their medications. Those individuals are most certainly not healthy.

Well, speaking as a layman, I don't think I've ever seen a person taking prescription medication for a chronic condition in which the initial prescribed medication did not have deleterious side effects that required additional meds for those side effects. For example: take this for your blood pressure and if it keeps you from sleeping, then that this, and take that to help you wake up in the morning. Of course I'm not in a position to prove this, but would ask those reading this to draw on their own personal experiences.
Frankly, I consider most G.P. MDs pill-pushing quacks; although I don't blame them. I blame the "system" that has most of their later years (>10 yrs in practice) education being provided "free" by the pharmaceutical companies.
On 2/3/2014 2:23 PM, Zaky Waky wrote:

Unfortunate that everyone you know on chronic meds uses incompetent quack physicians.
Speaking as both an individual who takes prescription medication chronically, and someone who has treated many patients who do the same, I can say that my population sample size is likely to be considerably larger than yours and my experience contradicts your observation. With close observation and careful control of dosage, the overwhelming majority of patients who require chronic medication do not sustain complications that require additional meds to treat the complications. That being said, it is a consistent, widely reported observation that the more medications a patient takes, the great the likelihood of undesirable drug-drug interactions.
Your generalization about abuse of pharmaceutical company "education" as the prime source of continuing medical education is off the mark. Most states require a certain number of hours/year of continuing medical education for physicians to retain their license. Most states require that the majority of those hours be from AMA PRA category I sources. Pharmaceutical company sponsored activities rarely if ever meet that criterion. Also, in reality, G.P.s are not common any more. Most M.D.s today who treat all or most members of a family for all or most of their medical needs are board certified in family practice or internal medicine.
On 2/3/2014 1:44 PM, Peter wrote:

Well Dr. Pete, I'm glad to see you posting and sharing your knowledge. I picked up 9 different medications from my pharmacist last Saturday. At the end of May last year, I was sent home to die and had home hospice care and was walking around with a $32,000.00 automatic external defibrillator hanging off my belt. After 6 months, the hospice service determined I wasn't declining and ended the service. I wasn't dying fast enough and the service was worried about fraud that had happened with other hospice service organizations. They came and picked up the bed, the oxygen machine, tanks and all the other stuff. I shipped the $32k Zoll defibrillator back to them. I take a handful of pills at 6:00am and again at 6:00pm and I'm too damn ornery to die. ^_^
TDD