Anyone under 60 and healthy?

Stormy and me have something in common, a warped sense of humor and an affinity to yank someone's chain. Never to be taken seriously since you must look beyond the words. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That last sentence sounds like our President. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ah, now you outed me. I'm not only a climate racist, but have a warped sense of humor. Sigh. Life will never be the same.

"Woman! Hold my beer and watch this!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's called "Medical Students' Disease" in the medical schools.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I find it amusing that Rolling Stone is critical of the drug trade and actions of the Obama Administration. Those banks or bank are probably handling a lot of money for black ops and covert government agencies. Whenever I hear government is going to have to examine banks because drug dealers and terrorists are using them will give them an excuse to go through everyone's banking records because the citizenry must be protected. How many travelers have been molested by TSA agents to keep them safe and how many terrorists have been caught by the TSA. The DEA is a major money making operation with laws allowing them to take people's money and stuff because they find some plant that government has decided is contraband. Now because someone sold prescription drugs illegally, the DEA finds it necessary to screw with everybody. My own pharmacist and physician friend get a DEA audit all the time. My roommate's doctor had the DEA investigating him and my roommate because some bureaucrat decided my roommate was getting too much pain medication and must be selling it. All of JH's joints are swollen and he lives with severe chronic pain so the DEA is practicing medicine and wants to limit the amount of pain medication he can get. Hey, I know, we need the government to dig through all our bank records so we can be protected from drug cartels and terrorists. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So now you're a womanizing alcoholic? Dang Stormy, you're sinking into Hell fast. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Tony, go to the head of the class, you did good. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My first disabling injury happened after I left college. I had a handlebar snap off at 100mph and I did a 1/4 mile Karate roll which ended with me up on my feet but I was quite bloody. I've had all sorts of injuries over the years from working too hard and accidents. Every part of my body is damaged in some way,(yes brain too)except for my back which I sprained back in college when I was doing a flip on a trampoline, landed on my chest and my feet hit me in the back of the head. I was quite flexible back then but no contortionist so I did get a lower back sprain. I was young and got over it so I really don't have debilitating back pain like some folks I know but I can tell when the weather is changing by how much my hair hurts. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hi, When I was roaming overseas as a GS-13 military civilian, we had safety engineer watching our work habit. If safety rule is compromised, depending on severity a reprimand on the personal record or being fired on the spot. There I became extremely conscious about work safety. I was always often more than careful. I was born with defective kidney and was matter of time when I am going to lose them. All in all, I feel very lucky so far. Throughout my career heavy physical labor was not involved. Sounds like you are pretty tough SOG, LOL! I am almost 6 ft ,160 lbs. and leftie.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Heck I'm only 5'12" and when I was younger I could pick up a car engine and the best health I was ever in as a grownup out in the real world was when I was working out in The Marshall Islands. We got around on bicycles, that is the ones who weren't heavy smokers. I'm allergic to that crap and can't get around it which is why I left a high paying job. I loved it out at The Kwajalein Atoll and had a very tiny itsy-bitsy infinitesimal part in the SDI program back in the 80's. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm only a womanizing alcoholic when I'm sober.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's TDD.

One of the features of usenet is that we can be anyone we want.

Reply to
TrollBuster

I used to climb towers but now ladders scare me. I hung up my cape and super hero costume years ago when I had trouble maintaining enough altitude and breaking the sound barrier. Regardless of what you may see in the movies, those fracking bullets hurt like hell. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

drug companies want to sell more drugs for bigger profits.....

thats why normal blood pressures have dropped over the years. and so have normal blood sugar levels...

BP used to be some number plus your age.

ultimately this moved tons of people onto drugs, which ultimately may have more bad side effects than the original now llower number they are trying to help.

just look at the possible side effects of most drugs, like statins for cholestrol..

but the drug comanies want everyone on pills.... because its good for profits

Reply to
bob haller

Let me add in 1999 I took a bad fall on ice and tore my miscus knee cartlid ge. I had knee surgery my surgeon reported I had no good cartlidge left and would knee replacement surgery in the future;( My knee ached bad ut surgeo n said I was too young to get my knee replaced since i would wear it out an d need another one in the future, said that would be bad.....

Well in 2001 i had gastric bypass surgery to lose weight and went from 313 and after a couple years settled in around 200 pounds..

My knee was still occasionaly sore;( but felt much better:)

Recently I gained weight and got to around 240 pounds. Eating junk food, st ress eating.

well were broke i couldnt afford junk food and now weigh around 218, and dr opping ....

My knee is doing much better. occasional sore but not painful..

My goal is 195 pounds, hopefully i will get their n the next few months...

I am now 57 and want to be as healthy as I can.and avoid doctors when ever possible:)

Reply to
bob haller

I weight 248 lbs and I'm not obese. Maybe you should stretch. ;) []'s

Reply to
Shadow

yeah how tall are you? 7 feet?

Reply to
bob haller

Muscle weights more than fat. His brain muscle is very big. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Almost. Streeeeeccchhhhhhhhh!!! And again .....

Seriously, the old BMI calculation only worked for people of average height. It was deployed back in the days people did not have calculators and had to do the math by hand, or slide rule. It is still used by drug companies that want you to spend.

The new BMI calculator takes extremes into account:

OK, the NSA already knows it. I'm just over 6'4" []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Shadow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Shadow... the NSA can tell your height by your shadow just like they did using satellite photos of Bin Laden in his compound. Just saying!

Reply to
Jax