anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

Page 4 of 8

Larry Bud wrote:

So? What can you do about it?
Speak peaceable with code enforcement when they knock at your door.
You'll find they can sniff out the chronic complainer from a real problem.
RicodJour wrote:

complain to them and they continue. I call authorities. Why do we pay taxes for code depts. and police, if they are not doing their job? And, it should be anonomous to prevent the situation where personal conflict and bodily harm could result.
Frank wrote:

Most people would probably pick up the phone and call an agency, rather than confront the person face to face. Kind of like Usenet without the typing. :)
RicodJour wrote:

There is a fine line. I'm reminded of talking to an Englishman living in Geneva. Swiss called authorities when he put bag of trash in neighboring dumpster because his apartments was full. He got a vist from police. He thought the whole nation was anal ;) Frank

Spoken like a true RAT. It is control freaks like you that are turning a free country into a police state.-Jitney
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Oh boo friggin' hoo.
Follow the laws and rules, or change them. Your neighbors don't owe you indulgence.
Banty

Good answer.
Incident that precipitated my response was neighbor burning yard waste and shop trash during a summer burning ban. Smoke was coming in our windows. I told him of burning ban and he ignored me. I called state EPA and they gave him a warning. He continued. Another call to EPA got him a fine. He stopped his burning.
Frank
Frank wrote:

Stupid neighbor! But, I'd still not complain. Humans are retaliatory by nature.

Depending on exactly what kind of waste he was burning, it could be a health issue, especially for little kids. You know that.
Frank wrote:

As I said earlier, you're immature and a prick, Frank.
Just don't complain. If it's that bad, someone else will complain. Then, you can say "I didn't notice. I am busy with my own life over here."
You come off as the good guy.
Frank wrote:

Friends are for a short time and enemies are for life.
I never complain about anything. It's self destructive.
Frank wrote:

Frank: That makes you a prick.
Good luck with that house on fire and no one to call it in for you.

OK, What's your limit? Would you continue to not call, no matter what they did?
Bob

You sound like George Bush. Every time he gets caught doing something wrong, he tries to make the issue of the leaker more important than the thing that he did wrong. Gets quite a few clowns to go along with him, too.

never met you and I live a long long way away from you, but I decided you were the one to harrass. It just seemed the right thing to do at the time. It was easy. I just Googled neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division, and your name just popped right out.

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly 'cleared' by the city.
No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...
-Tim
Tim Fischer wrote:

I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about something they perceive as a problem.
nate
N8N wrote:

stoop to assault when folks don't submit. Then there is vandalism, like keying cars. Getting a police officer inclined to do paperwork is iffy where I live. On one occasion, a condo board member liked to turn on sprinklers when I was in the yard and I called the police again. I was doing some spray painting outdoors, small project, no noise or waste, sunday afternoon during time watering was prohibited. FOUR police cars showed up, one guy did most of the talking. I went back to finish what I was doing, and the sprinkler came on again before the cops had left. I walked back out to the officer I had originally spoken with. He said he didn't enforce building codes, looked at his watch and said, "She's legal now.", it being a minute or two into LEGAL watering time at that point. A female officer, sitting in her car, said, "Well, she really shouldn't be doing that."
The same person had previously assaulted me when I turned the sprinkler off one evening because I was expecting company and wanted to use the yard. Good Friday evening! It still makes my hands shake when I recount it, and haven't thought about it in a while. Condo unit owners are all well aware of her conduct.
So, it's nice to presume that a nice guy has inadvertenly let something fall into disrepair and is willing to talk about it. Lots of folks aren't that way. There was a shooting in our county a few months back that was the end result of some code issue. One can avoid contact unless you are dealing with a person who will not be avoided.

If it's a shared yard, why does one person have control over the sprinklers? How about unscrewing the handle and removing it?
clipped

Because I have the neighbors from hell? :o) This person is the condo treasurer, and a bulldog to deal with for the few who want to maintain the place. I could write a book, but nobody would believe it. A few deadbeat trust-fund babies, absentee owners, a couple who would do things properly but have been worn down. A couple who are willing to lie for each other change the balance of power considerably .. big risk to confront them.