advice on fixing concrete problem

Hi,

On the backside of my house there is some erosion of concrete. This is mainly under a screened in porch and a little dryer room, not the main house. Is there a way I can fix this? Do I just need to put some sand in there and then use quickcrete?

thx,

itchy

itchyneebanshee

The "parging" has deteriorated. You need to get everything cleaned up, and then trowel on a good coating of proper parging cement. Here in Canada, UltraBond Parging cement mix is available from RONA, as just one option.. Or you can start with 3 shovels of sharp masonry sand, 2 shovels of portland cement and one shovel of lime. Mix dry inredients then add water (about 2 gallons) 'till you get a good stiff mixture.

Reply to
clare

ah 'parging' that's the word, plenty of stuff on youtube for that, thanks.

Reply to
itchyneebanshee