adjusting refrigerator door

I have an Amana fridge door that has worn down the $2.25 piece of plastic that sits above the lower door hinge. To replace this piece, I've been told to loosen up the top hinge but not the bottom hinge and then lift the door up slightly to replace plastic. Does anyone have anymore tips or suggesitons? Thanks in advance!!
Mike Salazar
Thats all there is to it. You are raising the door off the lower hinge pin so that you can take out the old piece and install the new one. Ten minute job. Wayne

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Salazar) wrote in message

Hi,
This is more for the GE door ride up...but same principles on the Amana door...
http://www.applianceaid.com/geride-up.html
With the food off of the door and the power off you -shouldn't- have much problems as this is a fairly easy repair :)
jeff.