Subject Author Posted Replies

Do you know what a telephone is for?
When I was growing up, a telephone was a device you used to dial a number and speak with a friend or business person. You'd stick your finger in the hole for each number you wanted to dial, and...
27
27

Exhaust CFM from central A/C Unit
What is the deck siding. You néed a shroud to the vent so all exit air does not mix with intake. Sure it will slow it some. I think my unit has at least 1500 to 2000 cfm. My deck has no siding...
6
6

Concrete cleaning
I put down cat litter on spilled motor oil, which is SOP. Mash it in and leave for a day or two. Sweep it up. It left gray haze, which I did not try to remove, so don't know if that would be...
6
6

Homelite gas string trimmer
Steve, About 100 psi in a cold engine. Have you tried starting fluid? Dave M.
1
1

No such thing as Rock Music
There are lots of rocks on my commune farm. I have carefully gone to each and every rock on the property and listened to each one. None of them have any music in them. Therefore calling music "Rock...
1
1

Where can I get this item?
People, where can I find a lower cost wall vent cap cover? low profile mount onto stucco. wal cap 8 inch diameter louvered type found $270 at Copperlabs [aka Vents USA] in MN and $180 at Thunderbird...
1
1

wireless smoke/heat detector system replacement
My wireless smoke/heat detector system is over 14 years old and I am replacing the detectors for newer ones with more up to date technologies. Should I also replace the keypad and the control panel...
1
1

$0.76 Black and Decker trimmer part...
and it's $13 shipping fee for the SLOWEST way (14 days minimum) or $28 for 2 day air. The guy on ebay selling the part for $5.00 used might be a better deal cause he only charges $6.00 for UPS...
14
14

OT: eye glasses hinges
I know there are places to do this but I want to try. I want to try to tighten the hinges on several eye glasses. I have the mini screw drivers which appear to fit the screws but the screws seem to be...
3
3

FRS walkie talkies
I've got a Micro talk. Runs on four AAA cells. Do you use nicads, or just put in new batteries every morning? My Motorolas run on three AA cells, I think they last a bit longer. Christopher A. Young...
49
49

Dishwasher not cleaning dishes on bottom shelf
When I put bowls, coffee mugs, glass jars, loaf pans, etc. on the bottom shelf of my dishwasher, facing down, they do not come completely clean. I ran a square freezer container through on the heavy...
18
18

Bridge Faucet
Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot and cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm screwed trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or...
6
6

Grass string trimmer innovation, use your own string?
Has anybody tried wire instead of string? Maybe insulated, maybe not? I would guess that store-bought string is the best material for the job, but you never know. Obviously cost is an issue, so they...
2
2

OT Maybe, maybe not HE detergent in an non-HE washer
Just replaced my less than 3 YO GE HE front loader with a new top loader, also GE. The old front loader was a disaster. We virtually washed everything twice, the 2nd time with no detergent in order to...
8
8

An observation and comment on provided screws.
For about one or two years now I have noticed that the metallic composition= of screws that come with a product are getting cheaper and cheaper. I am s= tripping the threads of almost every screw that...
2
2