wireless smoke/heat detector system replacement

My wireless smoke/heat detector system is over 14 years old and I am replacing the detectors for newer ones with more up to date technologies. Should I also replace the keypad and the control panel also?

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Likely you will not find reliable, compatible detectors for that system at reasonable cost. If it's wireless and not monitored, you should be able to install a complete new system yourself. If you want remote monitoring, you should have it installed by the monitoring company (or their contractor/rep).

Reply to
John Weiss