Subject Author Posted Replies

Fridge discovery
Got a new refrigerator. Well, "new" to us, but used*. It is a Yamaha twin door. Plugged it in the garage to let it cook for a while. After a bit, the wife observed that the exterior of the panel...
14
14

Penny floor
A couple glued about $600 worth of pennies to a bedroom floor. Parenting, Baby Names, Celebrities, and Royal News | CafeMom.com
18
18

Slow Close Toilet Seat Too Slow
I have a slow close toilet seat, wood with chrome hinges. When I first installed it a couple of years ago, a gentle push started both the seat and lid closing with the seat closing in about 7 seconds...
13
13

dirt and tree question
I would like to built a small raised flowerbed (knee high) around the base of a mature oak tree. My question is having the dirt in contact with the tree bark going to harm the tree? Thanks, CJ
22
22

Remove/reinstall wrought iron bannister. Please help.
Dear Readers, My interior 1955+/- wrought iron stair railing/bannister on wood treads nee ds to be stripped and repainted. I'd (ideally) like to move it outside to do so. I'm very handy, but have no...
1
1

do washing machine hoses in original bag wear out?
2006 I bought a new washer. Not realizing that it already came with hoses, I purchased a package of braided hoses. Original hoses say replace after 5 years, its been about 7 now. Can I still use the...
14
14

Case for a dash cam on your car
From Russia, but the videos are entertaining... See the videos at the link in the story: How is it possible that a dozen different motorists around the Russian city of Chelyabinsk were able to capture...
34
34

lock re-keying kit
My roomate lost a house key so I want to rekey all outside door locks (4 of them). I went to home depot and found this: (prime-line steel lockset re-keying kit for schlage 5-pin door locksets) It...
17
17

Lock Sock?
Or whatever its name might be... I'm looking for something to protect an ordinary padlock from the elements (rain, snow, foraging beavers, whatever). I'm locking up the circuit breaker boxes, A/C...
15
15

MIG Welder - $79.99
At Harbor Freight's Parking Lot Sale on March 8, 9, & 10th. MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welding is sometimes referred to as the "hot glue gun" of the welding world and is generally regarded as one of the...
6
6

OT, A Really Cool Project I Came Across
I thought other folks would appreciate a really cool RC model a fellow made with great skill. ^_^ TDD
4
4

stiple ceilings
I have painted a few and scraped a few,water takes it off so I always use oil base I hear you can use latex on original stiple with the metal tell me what to do,
2
2

Ariens Snowblower Attachment Cable Tightening
Hello, Have an Ariens 7524 Snowblower. It looks like the Attachment/Clutch Brake cable has stretched and loosened up. This is the cable that connects the right hand handle bar squeeze lever to engage...
1
1

OT: What's "Middle Class"?
In Maryland, it's $67,469; in Mississippi, it's $39,078. That's a difference of $28,391 !!
15
15

Oxygen line between floors?
My wife just got home from the hospital with an oxygen concentrator and some tanks. ISTM that the best setup for us would be to keep the concentrator upstairs in the bedroom- and run a second line...
39
39