stiple ceilings

I have painted a few and scraped a few,water takes it off so I always use oil base paint.Now I hear you can use latex on original stiple with the metal flakes.Please tell me what to do,

Reply to
marzriverside

base paint.Now I hear you can use latex on original stiple with the metal flakes.Please tell me what to do,

Its ugly. Scrape it off.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's an easy answer. Then you have to deal with what's under it. In my kitchen the plaster would need a skim coat before it could be repainted. Of course, there's no metal in mine, just a circular design in the stipple and "flower bursts" around the light fixtures.

I don't find it ugly at all, but SWMBO considers it "tolerable".

Reply to
DerbyDad03