Subject Author Posted Replies

Extended warranty (EW)
I've noticed EWs are often discussed here. It looks like the lame stream media is finally getting a clue. Don?t buy the extended warranty ? ever
31
31

Looking for advice for how to build a kennel for my dog
I was wondering how to make a dog pen, but I don't have to any more because my dog is missing. Maybe his head was crushed: What do you think? ======================= Missing dogs, ritualistic killing...
1
1

Problem with clothes dryer not getting hot enough: How do you test a sensor?
Got a problem with a clothes dryer not working. It leaves clothes wetter w hen it is finished than when it started! That is because it doesnt seem to get hot enough and a certain amount of water feeds...
40
40

Plumbing vent problem
My toilet doesnt aways flush and I suspect it is a vent problem. The vent is in a wall opposite the toilet and 8ft away. Sometimes the toilet flushes OK and sometimes it doesnt.Everything in the...
6
6

Electrical question - adding a neutral
I recently purchased some motion sensors to control the lights in our hallway. There are three locations where they will be installed. These sensors, Pass & Seymour RW3U600, require a neutral and one...
44
44

Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures
Does anyone have insight into what is the root cause (and repair) of the FSU failure that plagues almost every 1997 to 2003 BMW? Also, does anyone have an idea HOW TO TEST a "repaired" FSU? The...
183
183

ZENN car
Interesting car Cost approx $12,000. Plug it in like a toaster, and is illegal to sell in Canada (except in B.C.) Rick takes a spin in a ZENN Car. (originally aired: November 20, 2007)
1
1

How to seal old boiler piping?
I am looking for a way to seal the old boiler piping in my house. There are no longer radiators in use so all that is left are the pipes. I would like to seal them so air does not leak through. Can...
12
12

Atlanta security guard -> fired from his job (!)
There ya go. Are you people happy now? ========================== Atlanta security guard let go Like all good things, they seldom last... ItemFix - Social Video Factory
2
2

Ground anchors on a 14 x 70 mobile home
I will be installing ground anchors for a mobile home and the mobile home is 14x70. The inspector said it has to be 2 feet from each side then 10 foot on center that these are installed. Without the...
3
3

Filling gaps in hardwood floor?
I will be sanding and refinishing and old hardwood floor soon and I am wondering what should be used to fill gaps between planks? I see an occasional gap of perhaps 1/16 inch here and there. Thanks.
9
9

The top twelve indicators that the economy is bad--
The top twelve indicators that the economy is bad-- 12. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. 11. I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail. 10. I went to buy a toaster oven and they gave me a...
2
2

MIG welding batteries?
I was on the verge of building a capacitive-discharge spot welder to join a mess of NiCad batteries for cordless tools. Then I got to wondering. And wondering. Whether a 90-amp MIG welder would...
9
9

Got the Twitchy-Tool coping saw replacement
It's a blade holder that fits in a multi-function oscillating tool. The holder then accepts a 3-inch saw blade plus various spiral-toothed blades. With this tool and blade in place, the result...
21
21

Anyone like pets?
Jukin Media Verified (Original) * For licensing / permission to use: Contact - licensing(at)jukinmediadotcom Teaching our puppy Pacino how to catch...it's going to take some work! Pacino's Facebook...