Subject Author Posted Replies

Dexron VI ATF and Power Steering Fluid
Recently a visitor was low on power steering fluid which said on the cap "power steering fluid" and all I had on hand was "Dexron VI" (which is my Dexron IV replacement for my car) so I sent them on...
10
10

PG&E Pole and anchors encroaching more than half the property area
Hi, In 2016 we purchased a property (a lot) which is about 10500 sq. ft. It's a perfect circle lot . We were recently were planning to build on it and found that the PG&E electrical Pole and it's...
17
17

Genie Pro 88 Garage door opener
How do I adjust the auto sensitivity screw . My door will come up but will not come down.
2
2

Why can't you return a broken slingshot?
I bought a $9 slingshot at Walmart to put acorns in to chase away the pests in the garden when I found at home that the handle seam was disjointed. Maybe it was crushed in transit but when I went to...
9
9

Laminar flow
I've seen fluids come close but this loos still it is so good

Shingles alternative to asphalt
Reroofing in so calif and looking for alternative to routine asphalt - must last til im RIP or 25 years and cant spend a fortune. Typical LA weather is 10-15 inch rain annual, 30-50% humidity, always...
1
1

why does paint stick and how do paint remmovers unstick it
What chemical reaction makes paint stick to metal? And what chemical reaction is it that removes it? Ron, the humblest guy in town.
10
10

Mystery tub faucet - anybody recognize the brand?
This tub faucet is very stiff when turning the water on or off. Between hot and cold is easy and smooth, but on and off requires too much work. I'm kinda hoping a new cartridge would make it better,...
11
11

Flashing light switches
I need a light switch which will flash when it's on & stop flashing when it is switched off (i have altzheimers & forget to switch certain lights off.) The lights in question are not able to be on the...
13
13

OT. No Gas Gauge For Maserati
on 2030 cars. They're going all electric. I don't know if I've ever seen a Maserati out in the real world. <> An MC 20 is $222,000. People in my world would spend that kind of money on a house....
2
2

Any first hand EchoSmart water heater reviews?
One user complaining about thermostat problem, but the guy is a perpetual complainer....
6
6

Vintage Whirlpool washer - rear self-leveling feet
It's a top-loading machine, model LHA7680, vintage 1979. After moving it to my condo, it now has one rear leg fully extended, and one fully retracted. These are not screw adjustments, but some kind of...
10
10

OT: Fretwell still MIA....
I just googled Florida obituaries again, nothing. It's been two months since we last heard from him and at that time he had Covid. Maybe his wife took his PC away?
17
17

How different tradesmen deal with the same situation
They finish the job using their particular skills, of course.
2
2

Here is how to deal with squirrels
Make sure you are not eating or driving anything when you watch this: No squirrels were hurt in this video. If they would get hurt then I would not do this at all. They also would not keep coming back...
4
4