Subject Author Posted Replies

"Hybrid" toilet design ?
Obviously, there's a big difference between modern home toilets with tanks, and the commercial-style toilets seen in public restrooms. But in a couple of businesses, I've seen toilets that _look like_...
2
2

Faraday cages
I want to turn my trailer into a large Faraday cage. The outside walls & roof are tin. How much foil do I need inside on the floors/walls & ceilings in order to get a true Faraday cage? . Christopher...
34
34

cedar deck rot repair question?
OK all you deck people. Several years ago I had my rather large deck completely replaced due to rot. The new deck used white cedar from the great northwest. I was told that it is extremely resistent...
2
2

Smile like a Refrigerator
Have you seen that appliance touchup paint that comes in a small container and has a tiny brush inside. Well, it's not just for your refrigerator anymore. Buy the pure white type, and make your smile...
1
1

Gas grill repair
I am replacing a gas burner assembly on a Brinkman 4 burner propane grill. After receiving the part, I went online to download a manual. All I could find is lighting and maintenance instructions, but...
3
3

Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?
Saw these in Target as I hit the fourth and last store in my area trying to score some cheap Duraloops. Seriously? a 2500 mAh NiMH D cell? So you want me to pay the same price for a 2-pack of fake ass...
95
95

OT - That coupon is valid *when*?
Our local sports team is running a promotion with a local restaurant. You get a free product when you present a ticket stub on the day of the game. The radio ad was worded as follows: "Offer valid...
3
3

Are stainless steel braided supply lines really better?
All the TV home repair shows recommend connecting plumbing fixtures and clothes washers through steel braided supply lines, but I noticed the hose inside those lines is just unreinforced clear vinyl....
84
84

Cedar fence- Behr Redwood oil latex redwood stain?
I have a cedar rail fence I put up 10 years ago. I've kept it cedar oil stained over the years, but the last coat I put on it about 6 weeks ago has already taken on a shabby gray look. Behr redwood...
6
6

Cold water valve on a hot water heater
I would like to add a attachment to this valve so I could use the cold water attached to my garden hose. Is this possible and how? Preferably not to cut the pipe above it and below it.
20
20

Exterior latex primer?
I have some large fir beams that stick out from under the roof line, and they have deteriorated. The beams were last painted with exterior latex paint, which didn't work very well in keeping the...
4
4

Does air in the suction side mess up a DE filter system?
Several years ago we replaced the pump on an in ground pool with a DE filter. The new pump does flow more water and things were fine for the first season and then pressures would go up, output would...
5
5

Replace a starter cord.
I have a Ariens Sno-Thro with a Tecumseh engine HSSK50. How do I change a broken starter cord?
5
5

Not Happy With Riding Mower Cut
I have a Craftsman 26.0 HP, 48" Mower Model No. 917.275901. It has triple cutting blades. After I added a mulching kit this year, I find the mower cuts very uneven. At the suggestion of some Google...
13
13

Rolls flat garden hose
looks expensive, but might last longer than the elastic exploding hoses from China. http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/25010