OT - That coupon is valid *when*?

Our local sports team is running a promotion with a local restaurant. You get a free product when you present a ticket stub on the day of the game.

The radio ad was worded as follows:

"Offer valid only on the day of the game during the 2013 season."

I guess I'm missing the part where the "day of the game", whose date is printed on the ticket, could be played in any season other than 2013.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I would take that to mean that the promo will continue for the duration of the 2013 game season.

Reply to
trader4

That makes sense, although I doubt that if the ad isn't running in, let's say May 2014, anyone is going to bring their ticket stub into said restaurant for a free product.

"Hey, last August I heard a commercial about your offer. I know it's May

2014, but I'd like my free French Fries please."

It could happen, so I guess they better CTA or they could be giving French Fries away by the boatload. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was a bit more amused by the offer on the wrapper of a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar.

"Offer expires December 31, 1968."

This was in the fall of 1974.

"How's that Dilly Bar taste, Joe?"

Reply to