Subject Author Posted Replies

Blower stays on after heat cuts off
My family has just moved into a doublewide. When I had power turned on I asked for an average power bill. Now that we are living here power bill more than doubled and I've noticed that the heat comes...
21
21

Fun facts about supplemental oxygen on commercial aircraft
===================== How long does oxygen last in aircraft? And does one pilot need to wear a mask at all times above 35000ft? (asked by "blackout2033" - 3 years ago) Best Answer - Chosen by Voters:...

Crimping and arthritis
One of the hardest things to do these days is to use my spade lug crimper. I sometimes can put the crimpers on a hard surface and lean down on them with my body weight. But most times I make bad...
47
47

My Wife Watches Too Much Mike Holmes
I was installing a new fan/heater in my bathroom this weekend. This unit is much bigger in all three dimensions than my old fan but I was hoping that I could just enlarge the hole by widening it and...

Delta 757 Makes Emergency Landing After Wing Panel Tears Off Midflight
More wing without the top panel on top? Come on give me clue.
2
2

Alternate ways of getting jobs done
On the other thread, I mentioned stuffing plastic bags into a sewer drain line. One time I saw an unfinished front door frame at a house, the tenant had been stuffing plastic bags to keep the cold...
42
42

Attack on cherry tree
I hope you'll bear with me, confirm or contradict my assumptions, and answer any questions you have answers for. I planted a cherry tree almost a year ago, and actualy got about 20 cherries from it...
5
5

slant on basement floor
My new next door neighbor, after my old one married a very competent guy (who is by himself redoing their bathroom from the walls up) , noticed that the basement sink, which overflows when the stream...
6
6

Septic tank question.
I had a toilet running for about 5 hours and ended up with septic overload symptoms. (gurgling, high water level in cleanout etc) It went away pretty quickly after I addressed the toilet problem. Is...
1
1

Asbestos delays work....
They should just close down the land within a hundred miles of it and fence it off. If you just touch the asbestos rock you will eventually die.
2
2

closet doors [bi-fold]
Want to install bi-fold doors (4 panels toyal) on a closet 4 feet wide but only 59 inches high. Standard doors are all 80 inches. While I've taken off a few inches off the width in the past, I've...
3
3

Convert lawnmower into lawn / pavement vacuum (?)
Would this work: Take a lawnmower, mount a plate (steel, plywood, etc) under the entire deck, effectively creating a sealed cavity inside which turns the mower blade. Seal around the edge where the...
15
15

OT? strut in desk chair or kitchen chair
OT? A lot of desk chairs and kitchen chairs have a center strut, that compresses when one sits down. What is the point of it? Is it supposed to spring back, so everyone sits at the same height wrt his...
13
13

Follow-up on traffic lights. Why the green is on top in one town.
This morning at 6ET listen live Some town in the US with a lot of Irish immigrants got its first traffic light ..... ..... and the red was on top and the green on the bottom, and they didn't like that...
1
1

OT- Pills
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as taking one 500mg pill?
26
26