closet doors [bi-fold]

Want to install bi-fold doors (4 panels toyal) on a closet 4 feet wide but only 59 inches high. Standard doors are all 80 inches. While I've taken off a few inches off the width in the past, I've never removed 20 inches from the height.

Does anybody make shorter doors? Do I have to make my own? Rental unit so style not that important. Ivan Vegvary (Cross posted to rec.woodworking)

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

t only 59 inches high. Standard doors are all 80 inches. While I've taken off a few inches off the width in the past, I've never removed 20 inches f rom the height.

so style not that important.

Dunno if anyone makes them but you can cut a standard set down. Cut off bo ttom or top to length, remove the veneer from the core portion and insert t he plug into the cut down doors. Or, if you can find wood the right thickn ess, make a new plug for the void. BTDT

Harry K.

Reply to
Harry K

Window shutters should work. Might even find a seller who adds track mechanism for ya'.

Reply to
Norminn

t only 59 inches high. Standard doors are all 80 inches. While I've taken o ff a few inches off the width in the past, I've never removed 20 inches fro m the height. Does anybody make shorter doors? Do I have to make my own? Re ntal unit so style not that important. Ivan Vegvary (Cross posted to rec.wo odworking)

Don't cut off the top, you need the strength built into the door to hang i t. Cut off from the bottom, and then fill in to get a solid bottom.

Reply to
hrhofmann