Asbestos delays work....

I never knew asbestos grows in the wild.

"CARSON CITY ? The discovery of naturally occurring asbestos in and around Boulder City is delaying work on a $600 million highway bypass around the community while the state Transportation Department tries to figure out how to deal with the issue.

?Is this a showstopper?? asked Gov. Brian Sandoval during a Monday meeting of the state Transportation Board. ?This was a bomb that was dropped.?

Pics:

Home owner's need to disclose this in future sales?

Boulder City is near the Hoover Dam.

Reply to
Oren

They should just close down the land within a hundred miles of it and fence it off. If you just touch the asbestos rock you will eventually die.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sure. It's a mineral. That's where people got it. The fibers were never made, but fire-proof stuff etc. was made from them. .

Talc is chemically the same, Mg3Si2O5(OH)4, but physically different, and doesn't cause asbestosis. And there's a 3rd mineral that's also like this, but I forget what.

They should either cover it with shrinkwrap, or pave it with blacktop. Then they can dig it up.

Reply to
micky