Subject Author Posted Replies

Pool chlorine & pH test kit
Does anyone sell a single-reagent pool chlorine/pH test kit? My Home Depot HDX test kit uses the following reagents: Clorine = 5 drops reagent HDX-1 pH = 1 drop reagent HDX-4 & 5 drops reagent HDX-2...
10
10

And yet they target drag shows...
Thank goodness this photo wasn't taken at a drag show. I’d hate for these children to be exposed to an inappropriate environment and groomed into a radical belief system.
1
1

Bathroom sink drain cleanout
Did you ever see a 1-1/2 inch undersink bathroom drain cleanout with a plastic cap glued inside completely blocking it from the inside?...
4
4

Re: Rooftop Solar Panel Disposal
Similar problems with old windmills and here with depleted contaminated fuel cells using natural gas. Greenie politicians seldom consider lifetime of these things and consequences of disposal or...
1
1

Re: OT. James Webb Telescope
Where have you been since last December? We've been following its progress at (IIRC) since it launched. Yesterday, my husband said, "It's great to see so many technologies I worked on actually in...
13
13

Raccoons
Hi All, My sister has raccoons, including babies, under her house. Any non-toxic way to get rid of them? She can close up the door at night when the adults are out foraging, but then the babies would...
7
7

ceiling fan suddenly louder
Have a 15 year old ceiling fan in my room that has suddenly become louder. It makes a sound almost like something is rubbing. If I turn it off completely and turn the blades slowly, I hear almost a...
4
4

OT: Are you and your home secure?
The Modern Day Trojan Horse – Illegals Coming into the Country by the Millions are Military Age Men Are we seeing a trojan horse cross into our country along the Southern border. Do Americans really...
10
10

Interior paint on Exterior door
We had some painters that ended up using Interior paint on Exterior doors, can this be fixed? or do we need to replace the doors?
14
14

Re: Mew refrigerator $350 6-month guaranttee.
You lost me at "There's a place that sells used ones and I went over there" and then switching to talking about manufacturer's warranties, which would be on a new refrigerator. What do you expect when...
1
1

Combo smoke/CO detector in furnace/WH closet
I recently moved into a condo, and figured it was time to check out the smoke and CO detectors. In addition to the usual upstairs and downstairs units, I found a combination smoke and CO detector...
6
6

Re: Mew refrigerator $350 6-month guaranttee.
Might be nice to know the brand It's likely the manufacturer's warranty, so probably not. Again, if we knew the brand we could have a real discussion. What happened when you used Google or phoned...
16
16

Re: Battery vs. AC drill/screwdriver
Last corded drill I bought was when I bought my first house in 1966. I have two cordless and would never consider a cord now. I understand your concerns if little used but would still go battery for...
37
37

Re: Historical question: single outlet
Did the maid have a vibrator with a motor rating of less than 1/3 hp? Or perhaps she made some extra cash as a welder? receptacles are often used in an area where GFCI's are required, but there may be...
37
37

Sounds of water in the wall. What in the world!!
I hear something that sounds like water is on outside, but I hear it in the wall behind the shower; also water is coming from the base of the toilet! What could this be?
10
10